Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Group Actions Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Group Actions Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Group Actions Question - 1/2/2013 2:24:58 PM   
jcrohio

Had a spent machine gun unit - grouped it with a fresh rifle squad and gave it the necessary CAPs to fire - after the turn both units were marked as spent - my understanding was that the rifle squad (because I used CAPs) should have not have been marked as spent

Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Group Actions Question - 1/5/2013 5:00:00 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. Are you using V1.15 or V1.14?

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Group Actions Question - 1/5/2013 6:27:06 PM   
jcrohio

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Group Actions Question - 1/5/2013 10:29:56 PM   
ericbabe

Turning CAPs into APs doesn't change the sort of action in group mode, so I think this is actually working as designed. I don't think there is a way temporarily to add a unit to a group in such a way that doesn't activate the unit when the group's activation is finished. If this is something that is allowed in the newer board game rules, perhaps we can find a way to allow this with a Command Action at some point, but I don't think this can be done with a Command Action in the computer game now.

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 4
RE: Group Actions Question - 1/5/2013 11:25:19 PM   
VR_IronFist

Eric because you ask it in your response, in the latest edition of the rules you can do a Group Action with units using CAPS and/or a group Card Action without joining them in a Shared Activation and changing their state. I understand that the PC game at this time cannot. Here is the CAPS & Card rules straight from the rulebook with an example each:

- Multiple fresh, activated or spent units may take group command actions using only CAPs. Fresh and activated units are not marked as spent.
Ex: An activated German Rifle moves into a hex with a nonactivated HMG. The two group command fire for 2CAPs (the HMG is the fire leader). The Rifle then moves on using what remains of his AP pool. The HMG is not marked as spent.

- Multiple fresh, activated or spent units may take group card actions. Fresh and activated units are not marked as spent.
Ex: Two hit Rifles are in adjacent hexes, one spent, the other fresh. Auto-Rally card #3 is played on both Rifles for a cost of 2CAPs. Both Rifles remove the hit markers and the one Rifle is still fresh.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Group Actions Question - 1/8/2013 2:00:02 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks. I'll review the command action code to see whether I might be able to allow this somehow. The computer game doesn't distinguish between units in a group from units who are merely acting as part of a group for the purposes of a command action. What I may be able to do is remember the group constitution at the start of a player's round, and when a command action is taken with a group, to restore group membership to this state.

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Group Actions Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI