Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Player Wanted [Closed]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese Player Wanted [Closed] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Player Wanted [Closed] - 1/2/2013 9:54:51 AM   
Sangeli

I'm an intermediate Allied player having played 10 months in the GC against a human opponent looking to play a new game. For realism rules I definitely want to have PDU on. As for self regulated rules I'm pretty flexible but an air base attack rule in China is a must. And I'm willing to play with a mod as well if you want. So if this sounds intriguing let me know. Best way is to contact me at stephencefali@gmail.com but I'll probably check this thread as well.

< Message edited by Sangeli -- 2/1/2013 2:29:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/2/2013 7:49:54 PM   
aphrochine

I can vouch for Sang, he's a solid guy and a good player.

VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/2/2013 11:12:15 PM   
Sangeli

Thanks Aphro.

Many of you may be worried that I only have 2 posts on this board and won't be reliable. The reason for such low activity is that I was using a different board to coordinate and discuss the game. Feel free to contact my former opponent if you want validation of my reliability.

(in reply to aphrochine)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/2/2013 11:28:59 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sangeli
... For realism rules I definitely want to have PDU on. As for self regulated rules I'm pretty flexible but an air base attack rule in China is a must. ...

Realism ? Then don't you want PDU OFF ? (Although it will be harder to find an opponent).

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/2/2013 11:36:36 PM   
Sangeli

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

... For realism rules I definitely want to have PDU on. As for self regulated rules I'm pretty flexible but an air base attack rule in China is a must. ...

Realism ? Then don't you want PDU OFF ? (Although it will be harder to find an opponent).

What I meant is that in the "realism options" I prefer having PDU on. Being a micro manager of air frames and pilots, PDU on for me is a must for me as an AFB.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/2/2013 11:41:40 PM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

What I meant is that in the "realism options" I prefer having PDU on. Being a micro manager of air frames and pilots, PDU on for me is a must for me as an AFB.

As it is for most, if not all JFB's Good luck finding an opponent. I'm tied up with too much, but it was good of your former opponent to chip in.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/3/2013 12:55:29 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

I disagree with you. PDU OFF restricts you to the choices made historically, even though 'your campaign' is bound to go differently from history. How is that realistic? I find it more realistic to allow the players some choices.

YMMV

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/3/2013 2:10:03 AM   
Sangeli

quote:

As it is for most, if not all JFB's Good luck finding an opponent. I'm tied up with too much, but it was good of your former opponent to chip in.

Actually Aphrochine is not my former opponent. He's just a good friend from another board who gave me extensive advice in my game. Setloz (if that's his name on this board, not sure on that) was my opponent last game.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/3/2013 4:19:25 PM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
I disagree with you. PDU OFF restricts you to the choices made historically, even though 'your campaign' is bound to go differently from history. How is that realistic? I find it more realistic to allow the players some choices.

And I would disagree with you. PDU ON totally favors the Japanese player, as only he has control of his production. If you wanted it to be "realistic", you would have to give the Allies control of their production as well. Good luck finding someone who wants to open that can of worms..., even if it were possible in the game.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/3/2013 8:41:22 PM   
Sangeli

quote:

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

And I would disagree with you. PDU ON totally favors the Japanese player, as only he has control of his production. If you wanted it to be "realistic", you would have to give the Allies control of their production as well. Good luck finding someone who wants to open that can of worms..., even if it were possible in the game.

Well even if it does favor Japan, I like it for my own reasons as the Allies so I shouldn't have issues finding a Japanese player who wants to play with it.

(in reply to mike scholl 1)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/7/2013 9:00:29 PM   
aphrochine

For allies, it allows earlier coalescing of 4E squadrons. Sure JFBs will be rolling with masses of Tojos earlier, but without PDU getting and maintaining operational 4E squadrons in '42 is difficult without PDU On.

As Sang said, he didn't want PDU ON for more "realism", the preface was referring to his preference for Realism Options in the game set up.

Anyways, the man still needs an opponent!!!

VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/7/2013 9:17:17 PM   
jeffk3510

PDU on favors Japan more than PDU does.

I don't see many AFB having a problem with that. Japan has a tough road in the late game anyways.. might as well give them a few more hands to play. No?

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to aphrochine)
Post #: 12
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/8/2013 5:43:24 PM   
Sangeli

Found an opponent. How do I close this thread?

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 13
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/8/2013 5:50:01 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Found an opponent. How do I close this thread?

Let it die or simply edit the starting title...or wait untill it becomes another THE TREAD

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 14
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/14/2013 2:18:28 AM   
Sangeli

Well this game was closed as I found an opponent but now he is telling me he does not in fact want to play. So I'm back to square one looking for someone. If you're interested, send me an email at stephencefali@gmail.com

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 15
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/26/2013 4:55:19 AM   
Sangeli

Still looking for an intermediate to advanced Japanese opponent.

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 16
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/30/2013 8:41:27 AM   
guctony

hello would you be interested in latest version of Reluctant admiral for play. If so we can discuss house rules.

Regards

It turns out that capitalism requires scarcity to operate

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. BUCKMINSTER FULLER

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 17
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/30/2013 10:05:23 AM   
Sangeli

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

hello would you be interested in latest version of Reluctant admiral for play. If so we can discuss house rules.

Regards

Eh....I know a lot of JFBs like playing Reluctant Admirals mod but lets just say I'm reluctant to play with it (I know funny, right?) I would much prefer to play vanilla or another mod. I just think it gives Japan way too much to throw around and I think that vanilla is still pretty balanced from personal experience and AARs.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 18
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/30/2013 8:07:26 PM   
Sangeli

Well my friend Aphrochine says that Reluctant Admirals is worth a shot, so ya, lets go for it.

I'm curious what your turn rate is. I can do about 10 turns per week, perhaps more if our time zones/free time line up nicely.

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 19
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/31/2013 2:07:15 AM   
Sangeli

Well I guess Guctony found another opponent...so ya this thread is still active.

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 20
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 1/31/2013 3:09:20 AM   
kaleun

I have a couple of games going as allied and would like to attempt the Japanese side.
If you are interested pm me and we can discuss house rules.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 21
RE: Japanese Player Wanted - 2/1/2013 2:29:22 AM   
Sangeli

If I have any luck, this game is closed.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese Player Wanted [Closed] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI