Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship repair

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ship repair Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship repair - 1/2/2013 2:16:23 AM   
bigred

I may be having an issue w/ my repair yard at a undisclosed forward base. I am looking to see if the ship w/ 25 flot damage repairs in one turn. will post result next turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 1/2/2013 2:23:18 AM >

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2597400
Post #: 1
RE: ship repair - 1/2/2013 3:01:00 AM   
rogueusmc

Any damage noted as 'major' needs more than a repair ship I believe...

As Americans, we go forward, in the service of our country, by the will of God. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 2
RE: ship repair - 1/2/2013 4:24:24 AM   
rms1pa

also note how many ships are queuing for a repair ship.

for me i like to get everything i can at peirside and only using repairship/shipyard as must.

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 3
RE: ship repair - 1/2/2013 7:05:19 AM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigred

I may be having an issue w/ my repair yard at a undisclosed forward base. I am looking to see if the ship w/ 25 flot damage repairs in one turn. will post result next turn.

No it won't repair in one turn. You have so many ships using "repair ship" option that most of them are not repairing at all (and repair time is shown 1). See what happens when you change priority setting of DD Hunt to high of critical.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 4
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 2:30:28 AM   
bigred

quote:

You have so many ships using "repair ship" option

4xAD
2xAR
1xARD
4xAg

located in port. But I do not have a Naval HQ at this site. Alot of math to figure the repair points per turn. I will need to look up alfreds thread on ship repair.

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 5
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 5:34:59 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

You have so many ships using "repair ship" option

4xAD
2xAR
1xARD
4xAg

located in port. But I do not have a Naval HQ at this site. Alot of math to figure the repair points per turn. I will need to look up alfreds thread on ship repair.

Alfred's tutorial is definitely the best source.
FWIW - ARs can repair major engineering damage up to a certain amount [10, I think] and I think they can help speed the repair of system and minor floatation damage if they are not busy with Eng. damage. It isn't always best to assign a repair ship - sometimes the AR assisted repair takes longer because the AR must bring power cables and equipment over to the damaged ship, and remove some damaged parts to the AR machine shops to fix/make a new one. I always cycle each ship through the repair options available to see which gives the shortest time. Then you have to factor in that over-assigning to the AR will result in work stopping on some ships until the queue is within capacity again.

The ARD [floating drydock] can fix major flotation damage, but only if the ship is within the ARD's capacity. If not, it is best to get the system damage below 25% and remove all of the minor floatation damage, then terminate the repair and send her to a dry dock with enough capacity. IIRC drydocks with more capacity than needed for the repair can assign extra resources to speed the repair, but there is a limit to how much extra. I think I also read that drydocks gain experience with each repair done, so if nothing else is using their services I put even small Sys repairs into drydock.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 6
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 7:00:27 AM   
Puhis

Don't use repair ship option unless there's major engine/flotation damage that pierside repair cannot handle. ADs and AGs don't repair major damage, but they might speed repair of some ships (not the big ones).

When using repair ship option I think it's important to set priority for ships you actually want to repair first.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 7:32:41 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Don't use repair ship option unless there's major engine/flotation damage that pierside repair cannot handle. ADs and AGs don't repair major damage, but they might speed repair of some ships (not the big ones).

When using repair ship option I think it's important to set priority for ships you actually want to repair first.

Good point on the ADs and AGs/AGPs. Just have to ensure they have supplies. They can also reload torps on DDs/PTs.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 8
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 3:33:06 PM   
bigred

next day-different look, note the 600 repair points

Attachment (1)

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 3:37:10 PM   
bigred

same look: next day

Attachment (1)

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 10
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 4:52:05 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

same look: next day

Not sure what this shows. Could you do a caption?

As an aside, the ARD reads as "Repair Ship" as well as the customers of the AR. Which ship in your original post is in the ARD? Only one can be. This complicates things when there are multiple repair ship assets of diferent types and different ships present which could be using the ARD, but only one is.

The Moose

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 11
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 8:50:57 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

next day-different look, note the 600 repair points

With damage 15-6-13-0 BB Alabama can put to sea and get to a proper dockyard without any danger of progressive flooding. The AR cannot deal with the major floatation damage anyway and even the 13 Eng damage may be beyond what it can fix. Set it to "readiness" and in three days it should be ready to put to sea and go to a proper dockyard. This frees up your AR to deal with damage it can completely repair.
Caveat - I am assuming your ARD cannot lift a 35,000 ton BB. I have not seen the stats on its capacity.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 12
RE: ship repair - 1/3/2013 10:32:43 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Caveat - I am assuming your ARD cannot lift a 35,000 ton BB. I have not seen the stats on its capacity.

I think the USN models can go to 55,000 tons.

The Moose

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: ship repair - 1/4/2013 2:53:06 PM   
bigred

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=3&key=�

i looked this alfred thread up then started moving my ships to other ports!!!

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ship repair Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI