Hi there, this is an amazing game.
A couple of questions
1) Do you play with the circles for indicating movement or range ? it is informative, but addes more complexity to the overpopulated map(?).
I noticed there are two circles that overlap always, purple or blue. What is the difference between both of them?
2) Each time you click on a base or unit, a window with unit information is displayed in the middle of the screen.
is there not way to have this fixed screen floating, so you can move it and still see the map? or just pop up in a corner of the screen?
3)the number of scenarios provided with the game is not huge. I love to play the cull campain but unfortunately is noot feasible for me due to my work, but there are more scenarios available or designed by the community?
4) How many hours do you typically spend to analyse each scenario before to playing it? I think it is important to know your units, the map, the tactical and strategic goals, as well as the enemy assets and historical background. The monitor screen is sometimes not enough for this analysis. Furthermore, the game inclused many details, with small ground units that also requires attention, but that make the game more realistic! so it is not a complain at all!
thanks in advance!
1) Personal preference. You can turn these on and off. I play with the aircraft rings on, but the TF rings off. For aircraft there are normally three rings. One is normal range, one is reduced load range, and one is drop tank range. But it varies. Look at the Aircraft tab (in yellow) for each unit to see what the stats are and compare them to the rings.
2) AE is not a full Windows API game. Most of the graphics are bit-mapped and hard-coded. Some of the code is quite old. So no, windows aren't really Windows windows, even though they look that way. They're fixed.
3) There are many scenarios scattered here and there in the forum, but no central place you can get all of them I'm aware of.
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/ has a few. Others have links in the forum if you search. Ask in the modders sub-forum and somebody probably has links. There are scenarios for the Marianas, Operation Buccaneer, a PBEM-only 1942 start, and a few others.
4) Prep times differ. For a scenario I would just start. For a GC I'd look around a bit. If you d/l the Tracker utility (has a sticky sub-forum of its own) you will be greatly aided in studying minutae. The in-game displays show everything too, but Tracker makes it easier to look and to sort. It also has internal utilities and displays for running the Japanese economy, planning R&D, engine production, etc. as well as give time series data in many areas the game displays can't.
< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 1/1/2013 7:34:15 PM >