Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

questions on management

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> questions on management Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
questions on management - 1/1/2013 7:13:42 PM   
fulcrum28

Hi there, this is an amazing game.

A couple of questions

1) Do you play with the circles for indicating movement or range ? it is informative, but addes more complexity to the overpopulated map(?).

I noticed there are two circles that overlap always, purple or blue. What is the difference between both of them?

2) Each time you click on a base or unit, a window with unit information is displayed in the middle of the screen.
is there not way to have this fixed screen floating, so you can move it and still see the map? or just pop up in a corner of the screen?

3)the number of scenarios provided with the game is not huge. I love to play the cull campain but unfortunately is noot feasible for me due to my work, but there are more scenarios available or designed by the community?

4) How many hours do you typically spend to analyse each scenario before to playing it? I think it is important to know your units, the map, the tactical and strategic goals, as well as the enemy assets and historical background. The monitor screen is sometimes not enough for this analysis. Furthermore, the game inclused many details, with small ground units that also requires attention, but that make the game more realistic! so it is not a complain at all!

thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: questions on management - 1/1/2013 7:30:46 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

Hi there, this is an amazing game.

A couple of questions

1) Do you play with the circles for indicating movement or range ? it is informative, but addes more complexity to the overpopulated map(?).

I noticed there are two circles that overlap always, purple or blue. What is the difference between both of them?

2) Each time you click on a base or unit, a window with unit information is displayed in the middle of the screen.
is there not way to have this fixed screen floating, so you can move it and still see the map? or just pop up in a corner of the screen?

3)the number of scenarios provided with the game is not huge. I love to play the cull campain but unfortunately is noot feasible for me due to my work, but there are more scenarios available or designed by the community?

4) How many hours do you typically spend to analyse each scenario before to playing it? I think it is important to know your units, the map, the tactical and strategic goals, as well as the enemy assets and historical background. The monitor screen is sometimes not enough for this analysis. Furthermore, the game inclused many details, with small ground units that also requires attention, but that make the game more realistic! so it is not a complain at all!

thanks in advance!

Welcome.

1) Personal preference. You can turn these on and off. I play with the aircraft rings on, but the TF rings off. For aircraft there are normally three rings. One is normal range, one is reduced load range, and one is drop tank range. But it varies. Look at the Aircraft tab (in yellow) for each unit to see what the stats are and compare them to the rings.

2) AE is not a full Windows API game. Most of the graphics are bit-mapped and hard-coded. Some of the code is quite old. So no, windows aren't really Windows windows, even though they look that way. They're fixed.

3) There are many scenarios scattered here and there in the forum, but no central place you can get all of them I'm aware of.

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/ has a few. Others have links in the forum if you search. Ask in the modders sub-forum and somebody probably has links. There are scenarios for the Marianas, Operation Buccaneer, a PBEM-only 1942 start, and a few others.

4) Prep times differ. For a scenario I would just start. For a GC I'd look around a bit. If you d/l the Tracker utility (has a sticky sub-forum of its own) you will be greatly aided in studying minutae. The in-game displays show everything too, but Tracker makes it easier to look and to sort. It also has internal utilities and displays for running the Japanese economy, planning R&D, engine production, etc. as well as give time series data in many areas the game displays can't.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 1/1/2013 7:34:15 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 2
RE: questions on management - 1/1/2013 9:49:17 PM   
Andy Mac

Welcome tere is a list of the new scenarios with installer in the tech forum just make sure you change te directory to install in your scen subfolder

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: questions on management - 1/1/2013 9:50:46 PM   
Andy Mac

List of scens updated

Scen 1 Full Campagin
Scen 2 Hakko Full Campaign
Scen 3 Coral Sea
Scen 4 Guadalcanal
Scen 5 Thousand Mile War
Scen 6 8th Dec full campaign
Scen 10 Ironman Japan
Scen 11 marianas
Scen 12 marianas: Hakko Ichiu
Scen 13 Buccaneer
Scen 14 Downfall
Scen 15 Downfall Hakko Ichiu
Scne 17 Ironman: Revenge of the Dorniers
Scen 18 Return to Wake
Scen 19 Battle of Burma

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> questions on management Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI