Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excess small allied air groups

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Excess small allied air groups Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excess small allied air groups - 1/1/2013 2:28:46 AM   
wga

I am in a campaign game which is now in May 42 playing as allies. Several Dutch airgroups now reside in Australia. I have many British, Dutch, and Australian airgroups that are 8 plane groups. Also the one australian 2/xx (starting as hudsons) are also in play as many small airgroups. Can groups be combined? IN doing so by disband, the combined group still shows a limit of 8 planes. There seem to be many more airgroups than the number of baseforces and aviation support groups can handle. should these small airgroups be disbanded or withdrawn? (Brewsters, Demons, hudson/beauforts).

Bill Thomson
bill@wargameacademy.org
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Post #: 1
RE: Excess small allied air groups - 1/1/2013 7:11:35 PM   
BPRE

Hi Bill,

You can't combine them. Disband/withdraw depends a bit on the AC type. In general you should be able to use most of them sooner or later but here's a few things that I think you should consider:

1. Pilot replacements. The Dutch only get a few replacement pilots so it will be more difficult to keep many of their groups in service with decent experience pilots. A bit like the Japanese situation

2. Replacement aircraft. Usually I find it difficult to keep all Catalina I groups full because the replacement rate is low. Some of the Dutch groups are Catalina Is (at least one) and you'll have a hard time getting ACs for the British and Australians so...

3. Upgrade paths

Do-24 upgrades to PBYs and you usually have enormous amounts of them so they can easily upgrade.

Brewsters upgrade to Kittyhawk III but that's not until a long time later. Keep them training meanwhile.

F.K 51 upgrade to F-5A which will be very useful later on. The Allied side has very few Recon groups compared to the Japanese.

That's a few examples.

I think you will have to check pilot availability, replacement rates and upgrade paths and make a decision for each group.

Regarding the base forces needed I believe you got answer in another thread about shipping in US base forces.

Regards
BPRE

(in reply to wga)
Post #: 2
RE: Excess small allied air groups - 1/2/2013 3:41:41 AM   
dr.hal

E One thing I do to avoid small groups is put them into one location and then disband one into anther of the same plane type thus reducing group numbers and filling up the remaining groups to max capacity. I usually disband them and let them.come back in 120 days.

< Message edited by dr.hal -- 1/2/2013 3:44:34 AM >

(in reply to wga)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Excess small allied air groups Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI