Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help Desk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Help Desk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Desk - 12/31/2012 6:05:38 PM   
british exil

At aprox 15:00 CET, I wanted to play an old John Tiller Game. I opened the Campaign Series and thought I'd play the Western Front. Playing the campaign "The Road to Germany", deciding upon Battalion level playing an US rifle unit, from D-Day to VE_Day. So a long game ahead of me. Something I started years ago, but after a pc crash and losing days of playing, I never felt like restarting.
So today I powered up the game, clicked on the approriate keys to start the game, read my orders, sat back and nothing happened!

An Error message appeared. Telling me to get advice from Matrix support.

I open my mail and write a mail describing my problem. 15:01 auto response. I had forgotten that today was New Years Eve. I can wait a few more days after years of not playing. 15:08 mail from Matrix Games Helpdesk asking me to refill out a form with my problems my problem. I obey and fill out this form. I leave my pc and go and watch a bit of telly, a bit disappointed, not being able to fight my way through to Germany.

18:30 return to my PC to find a reply from Matrix Games/ Slitherine with a solution and a new download link.

I just wanted to post my appreciation to those dedicated persons, who try to make our lives more enjoyable by helping us get our so important games running.

Thanks, your work does not go unnoticed, although often we forget to thank you all.

All the best for 2013.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Post #: 1
RE: Help Desk - 1/1/2013 2:37:55 PM   
General Patton

+++1, Happy New Year. Patton

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Help Desk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages