Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hofen - I got a speeding ticket !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Hofen - I got a speeding ticket ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hofen - I got a speeding ticket ! - 12/31/2012 12:31:09 PM   
altipueri

Actually it was Monschau and it was about 1972 and it cost me 50 Deutschmarks which seemed a bit much.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to blow up a whole load of krauts in Monschau. Made me feel much better. Not that I carry a grudge.

On another topic - why so few scenarios and where are they? - Wargamer depot had two I think. I just find it strange (and this game is not alone - AGEOD being another example) in that the hard bit is producing reasonable AI and then it's as if that's that, we'll tinker with it interminably pandering (or should it be panthering) to a smaller and smaller group of die-hard enthusiasts who are concerned that the wrong sort of horses are pulling the German artillery, or there's the wrong picture of a general in Kentucky.

So a scenario ends at day 3. Well why not let me play on till they're all dead. Why not let me easily change the objectives without needing a Phd in programming or a working understanding of the Black-Scholes option pricing formula, to start map-making. Combat Mission had what I thought was a great random scenario generator in the first series, but it is rubbish now. It did a "reasonable job" which I think is the great thing about this game - give some orders and the AI does a reasonable job. So why not a scenario generator that does a "reasonable job"

Anyway, I'll probably be told to go and put this in the future directions thing.

And Matrix, what's this members area thing - another sign up another password or just another way of wargamers making themselves inaccessible?

Anyway, as you can tell, it's New Year's Eve and I've got nothing more important to do than dick around with half a dozen computer games and forums until the drinking starts.

Happy New Year.
Post #: 1
RE: Hofen - I got a speeding ticket ! - 12/31/2012 12:42:51 PM   
phoenix

I believe all these things you can change pretty easily with the scenario maker, Alti. Not that I've tried.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 2
RE: Hofen - I got a speeding ticket ! - 12/31/2012 5:11:28 PM   
wodin

I think it's the amount of research required OOB wise etc why there hasn't been alot of scenarios..also making the map I expect can be a difficult task. Alot goes into a scenario and balance is another factor..check all the different types of OBJ's and hwo they work..infact looking at OBJ's and seeing when you get points for holding them etc gives me an Idea on the plan of attack and a good idea where I should be at a set time. OBJ checking is the first thing I do on a new scenario. I'd say time though is the reason why there aren't loads of User made scenarios..your best looking in the forum here and you'll find some.

I've thought about a total conversion WW1 mod..but without trenches visible (though I expect there would be away around this) and keeping the units \coys in a trench it would be difficult but more than anything it's the time you'd have to spend researching the OOB's and then doing the weapon database..

COTA was my favourite so far scenario wise in the series so I'm looking forward to the expansion back. Maybe when the East front title come sotu we will see more user made scenarios..who knows, I hope so though.

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/31/2012 5:13:46 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Hofen - I got a speeding ticket ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI