Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/30/2012 11:57:19 PM   
jimcarravallah

I've noticed that loading either a new game, or a saved game on a quad core processor Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop with 8GB of memory takes maybe twice as long as it did with the pre-patched version.

< Message edited by jimcarravallah -- 12/31/2012 12:00:07 AM >

Take care,

jim
Post #: 1
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/31/2012 12:10:18 AM   
Arjuna

With what scenarios? Are you talking about BFTB scenarios or HTTR ones?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to jimcarravallah)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/31/2012 7:16:04 PM   
jimcarravallah

The problem has occurred so far with From the Meuse to the Rhine; Operation Garden Final Phase; V3 Battle for Nancy; and St. Lo.

Patton's Favorite loads at what appears to be the former normal speed.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/31/2012 7:50:21 PM   
jimcarravallah

As a follow up, I opened St. Lo in the Scenario Maker, and following the save, the load time is shorter.

Did the same with Operation Garden Final Phase; All American Over Nijmegen; and Keeping the Island Afloat but the load still lags.

Should also mention that I erased all saved scenarios from the earlier version before loading new games and saves scenarios with the beta patch.

Take care,

jim

Post #: 4
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/31/2012 9:21:29 PM   
Arjuna

Yes as I suspected these are al;l non standard scenarios with BFTB and hence have not been converted with this latest beta patch. Thus they spend time going through the auomatic conversion process upon loading into the Game. I'm glad you have implemented the work around - ie saving them in the editor.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 5
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 12/31/2012 9:22:20 PM   
jimcarravallah

Tinkering a bit more, I've loaded Nijmegen.cop and Arnheim.cop into Mapmaker, and once loaded, saved to the same file name.

The load of the All American Over Nijmegen and Arnhem Second Wave is back to the speed of the unpatched game.

It appears that the fix to the longer load time is to run maps through the Mapmaker program and save over the original files.

I'll tinker, but suggest that anyone wanting to correct the problem wait for Arjuna to concur, unless the reader has time to reload the basic game and updates just in case the experimental "solution" causes unanticipated problems.

Take care,

jim

Post #: 6
RE: Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load - 1/2/2013 8:50:18 AM   
phoenix

Sorry, Jim. Didn't see your thread until now. The prob was already 'fixed' a few days ago (in this forum - nder the main patch 4 thread) by the method you've now discovered for yourself. Which Arjuna already 'approved'. Would have told you if I'd seen earlier.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Patch #4 Public Beta Update -- Takes longer to load Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI