Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SOW Gettysburg Alternative history scenario with Jackson on July 1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> The War Room >> SOW Gettysburg Alternative history scenario with Jackson on July 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOW Gettysburg Alternative history scenario with Jackso... - 12/30/2012 3:16:37 PM   
Txgamer

I am new to this game and have been playing it for a few weeks now. Yesterday I played the "Third time is not a charm" scenario with Jackson in command of his corps. I am not by any stretch of my imagination good at this game but I had almost no trouble driving the Union forces back when all of Jackson's divisions were fully deployed.

So I am wondering what kind of influence Jackson is having on his corps in the scenario? Or are the Union forces woefully under-manned? I don't know the history well enough to know how many men they had on the field the first day.

< Message edited by Txgamer -- 12/30/2012 3:17:05 PM >

TX Gamer
Post #: 1
RE: SOW Gettysburg Alternative history scenario with Ja... - 12/30/2012 9:53:46 PM   
2ndACR

1st Day at Getty was a near disaster for the Yanks. Once 2nd Corp came down from the north of Getty, they plowed right over the yanks. The Reb forces are much better than the Yanks they faced. Reb div are bigger than Yank divisions and also Reb Corps can be the size of Yank armies. The rebel commanders were also better overall, IMO than the Yanks at that time of the war. But I doubt Getty would have ended in a Reb defeat if Jackson had been there. Jackson is one of the greatest generals the US produced in any time.

(in reply to Txgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> The War Room >> SOW Gettysburg Alternative history scenario with Jackson on July 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI