Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Player needed !!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Player needed !!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Player needed !!! - 12/30/2012 12:41:12 PM   
Adolf Galland

For scen 70 Reculant Admiral

German style no rules Total War....

Greetings from Germany ;)
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/30/2012 2:35:55 PM   
Adolf Galland

No Japs Attack of the US Carrier is clear.......... and no command for the Allies Troops in the first round thats enough rules or ?

(in reply to Adolf Galland)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 2:54:14 AM   
dontra85

i would be interested but can not find the link for the scenario. Can you assist. dontra85@aol.com

Post #: 3
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 5:57:40 AM   
dontra85

ok got the scenario and have downloaded it. Historical first turn. if not then the allies get to move adjust units. no new TF's, no moving of units or aircraft just change thier status. variable 15 day.

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 10:26:36 AM   
Itdepends

New user, 2 posts, no history or questions on the forum? Hope your game goes the distance dontra85- a PBEM full length campaign is a large investment in time and it's all fun and games for the Japanese at first.

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 1:04:51 PM   
Roger Neilson 3

Have to say I have a sense of deja-vu on this one, its got similar 'fingerprints' to other recent requests for games....

Maybe I am just a bit suspicious.

Roger

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 6
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 1:16:51 PM   
Adolf Galland

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontra85

ok got the scenario and have downloaded it. Historical first turn. if not then the allies get to move adjust units. no new TF's, no moving of units or aircraft just change thier status. variable 15 day.

Variable 15 day was ok.

it`s a japs Surprise Attack...............in the first round !!!!that the game.
I will not play Historical, the allied must hard work for Tokyo.

What do you mean with " no moving of units or aircraft just change thier status" ???
I will play with all was the game allowed and in the reality.
The Target is Tokyo no Point Win this is not particularly interesting.

Sorry for my bad english language...

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 7
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 2:36:08 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

Have to say I have a sense of deja-vu on this one, its got similar 'fingerprints' to other recent requests for games....

Roger

Why, Roger...are you paranoid? There's nothing at all remotely suspicious about this request for a game.

I think we have to give Itdepends mad props for sniffing this one out.

(in reply to Roger Neilson 3)
Post #: 8
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 12/31/2012 3:07:54 PM   
castor troy

quote:

Roger

5:1 you are right with your suspicion

(in reply to Roger Neilson 3)
Post #: 9
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/1/2013 4:57:00 PM   
Adolf Galland

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Roger

Aha ein Östereicher, mhm mein Englisch ist ganz schön eingerostet, darf ich fragen was einige da für ein Problem haben ??? und was spielt da ne Deja-vu für eine Rolle ?

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 10
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/1/2013 6:32:06 PM   
MAurelius

ganz einfach - gewisse Leute sind paranoid und haben Angst, dass Helmut, 5thGdsTanks etc - wie auch immer er sich nennen mag, wieder versuchen könnte ein Spiel zu starten....

die "Freundlichkeit" dieses Forums lässt seit langem zu wünschen übrig... - viele Forumsmitglieder tragen dazu bei...

ich kann nur empfehlen bei der Suche eines Spieles etwas ausführlicher zu schreiben und den "Text" etwas länger zu halten - dann fangen sie nicht sofort meckern an...oder eben Leute direkt anzuschreiben ;)

formerly known as SoliInvictus202

Post #: 11
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/1/2013 10:45:50 PM   
Adolf Galland

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAurelius

ganz einfach - gewisse Leute sind paranoid und haben Angst, dass Helmut, 5thGdsTanks etc - wie auch immer er sich nennen mag, wieder versuchen könnte ein Spiel zu starten....

die "Freundlichkeit" dieses Forums lässt seit langem zu wünschen übrig... - viele Forumsmitglieder tragen dazu bei...

ich kann nur empfehlen bei der Suche eines Spieles etwas ausführlicher zu schreiben und den "Text" etwas länger zu halten - dann fangen sie nicht sofort meckern an...oder eben Leute direkt anzuschreiben ;)

mhm verstehe, suche ja nur einen gegner für den Reculant Admiral 5.0 Mod ist ja nicht so das man die überall finden kann.

Ich persöhnlich mag das zerregeln des Spiels nicht, die viele Alli spieler fordern. Obwohl die Allispieler es so extrem leicht haben!!!

Ich selbst hab einfach nur wenig gesagt, damit der gegner keinen Eindruck bekommt wie gut oder wie schlecht ich bin.

(in reply to MAurelius)
Post #: 12
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/2/2013 12:49:39 AM   
DivePac88

I don't think this is Helmut, and that we should be our normal friendly self's. He doesn't use rhetoric like Helmut and co, also Helmut has never used a avatar. This is only a suggestion, and it is Christmas anyway.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 13
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/2/2013 2:22:17 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

I don't think this is Helmut, and that we should be our normal friendly self's. He doesn't use rhetoric like Helmut and co, also Helmut has never used a avatar. This is only a suggestion, and it is Christmas anyway.

An excellent and truly decent though Des! +1

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 14
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/2/2013 6:58:52 AM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adolf Galland

For scen 70 Reculant Admiral

German style no rules Total War....

If you are truely seeking a game "Adolf", you will have to forgive some of my fellow forum members. There have been several thoroughy vile and disgusting game-seekers who've used German forum names while aquiring bad reputations. It's the reason I always use my own name..., I don't want to seem to be "hiding" anything. "The "house rules" discussions are almost manditory in PBEM games, and can serve to help you "feel out" potential opponants to see if this is someone you want to spend a couple of years of your life playing with. One thing I would suggest is that you turn "variable weather" OFF. It doesn't work right, and tends to turn your game into a swamp everywhere.

Post #: 15
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/4/2013 9:18:44 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adolf Galland

quote:

quote:

Roger

Aha ein Östereicher, mhm mein Englisch ist ganz schön eingerostet, darf ich fragen was einige da für ein Problem haben ??? und was spielt da ne Deja-vu für eine Rolle ?

Japan, 5th GuardsArmy, Helmut, Linda... verwende mal die Suchfunktion und du wirst sehen warum die Leute hellhörig werden, wenn jemand mit seinem ersten post im Forum nach einem PBEM Partner sucht. Ich persönlich würde nie mehr ein PBEM gegen jemand völlig Unbekannten starten, da steckt einfach viel zu viel Zeit drin und das Risiko, dass alles umsonst ist, ist schon groß genug, auch wenn es ein bekanntes Forumsmitglied ist.

Post #: 16
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/4/2013 9:21:01 AM   
castor troy

quote:

das hat weder mit Paranoia noch mit Freundlichkeit zu tun. Viel Spass dabei, wenn du gegen jemanden wie Helmut (und Co, die nicht Helmut sind, aber genau so bescheuert) ein PBEM startest. Zu viele Langzeitforumsmitglieder verschwendeten ihre Zeit dafür. Wie du "seit langem" sagen kannst frage ich mich allerdings auch, bei einer Anmeldung von 6 Monaten?

Dein Tip ist gut, nur wie er jemanden direkt anschreiben soll, wenn er keinen kennt frage ich mich auch.

(in reply to MAurelius)
Post #: 17
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/4/2013 2:23:17 PM   
jeffk3510

Do.Not.Understand.Cant.Read.What.Is.Written.

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

Post #: 18
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/4/2013 10:27:40 PM   
AW1Steve

Computer translation says:

that has nothing to do with paranoia still with kindness. Enjoy it when you face someone like Helmut (and Co, which are not Helmut, but just as stupid) start off one PBEM. Too many long-time forum members wasted their time. How do you "long" can say, I wonder, however, also, in a notification of 6 months?

Your tip is good, just as it should write directly to someone if he does not know I ask myself.

As for myself , I no speakee German , but I suspect that something was lost in translation!

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 1/4/2013 10:28:18 PM >

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 19
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/4/2013 11:25:30 PM   
MAurelius

quote:

quote:

das hat weder mit Paranoia noch mit Freundlichkeit zu tun. Viel Spass dabei, wenn du gegen jemanden wie Helmut (und Co, die nicht Helmut sind, aber genau so bescheuert) ein PBEM startest. Zu viele Langzeitforumsmitglieder verschwendeten ihre Zeit dafür. Wie du "seit langem" sagen kannst frage ich mich allerdings auch, bei einer Anmeldung von 6 Monaten?

Dein Tip ist gut, nur wie er jemanden direkt anschreiben soll, wenn er keinen kennt frage ich mich auch.

wenn du mitgedacht hättest, dann würdest du in meiner Sig sehen, dass ich vorher einen anderen Forennamen gehabt hab und schon etwas länger dabei bin - nicht, dass ich mich vor dir rechtfertigen müsste...

und mal davon abgesehen: wenn man einige PMs austauscht, dann kommt man sehr schnell drauf, ob man gegen diesen Gegner spielen möchte oder nicht - bis jetzt sind bei mir nur 1-2 Spiele im Sand verlaufen - und das aus verschiedensten Gründen.... also so schlimm ist es auch wieder nicht, wenn man nicht jeden x-beliebigen Spieler als Gegner akzeptiert...

und von Forusmfreundlichkeit sollte Eure Wenigkeit wohl am Besten nicht schreiben ;)

translation of the important part:

if one gets an answer to a challenge, I think it's customary to exchange a few more PMs before actually starting a game proper - and during this period of time one usually develops a feeling if the "possible" opponent is actually someone you can see yourself playing against for a few years - of course you can never be certain
personally I only had 1-2 games that sort of ended "too early" - due to several reason - so it's not too bad - of course - I didn't play against just "any" opponent....

< Message edited by MAurelius -- 1/4/2013 11:33:24 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/7/2013 11:39:04 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

wenn du mitgedacht hättest, dann würdest du in meiner Sig sehen, dass ich vorher einen anderen Forennamen gehabt hab und schon etwas länger dabei bin - nicht, dass ich mich vor dir rechtfertigen müsste...

und mal davon abgesehen: wenn man einige PMs austauscht, dann kommt man sehr schnell drauf, ob man gegen diesen Gegner spielen möchte oder nicht - bis jetzt sind bei mir nur 1-2 Spiele im Sand verlaufen - und das aus verschiedensten Gründen.... also so schlimm ist es auch wieder nicht, wenn man nicht jeden x-beliebigen Spieler als Gegner akzeptiert...

und von Forusmfreundlichkeit sollte Eure Wenigkeit wohl am Besten nicht schreiben ;)

translation of the important part:

if one gets an answer to a challenge, I think it's customary to exchange a few more PMs before actually starting a game proper - and during this period of time one usually develops a feeling if the "possible" opponent is actually someone you can see yourself playing against for a few years - of course you can never be certain
personally I only had 1-2 games that sort of ended "too early" - due to several reason - so it's not too bad - of course - I didn't play against just "any" opponent....

na Gott sei Dank muss ich mich vor Dir genau so wenig rechtfertigen

von mir aus kannst du spielen gegen wen du willst und denken was du willst, viel Spass dabei. Freundlichkeiten muss ich mit dir denke ich auch keine austauschen und so sollten wir beide zufrieden sein

was für ein fauxpas von mir, dass ich deine sig nicht realisiert habe, bei der langen Zugehörigkeit von Mitte 2010 weg kannst du natürlich bewerten um wie viel schlimmer alles geworden ist...

< Message edited by castor troy -- 1/7/2013 11:41:29 AM >

(in reply to MAurelius)
Post #: 21
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/7/2013 8:34:01 PM   
MAurelius

vor sooooooo viel Erfahrung, Weisheit und Feingefühl muss ich mich nur verbeugen und räume gelassen das Feld....

Post #: 22
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/20/2013 9:51:54 PM   
Adolf Galland

Need a experience player.......for Reculant Admiral Mod.

Sorry for my bad english.

ps. im a very experience player for this game.

(in reply to MAurelius)
Post #: 23
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/22/2013 4:03:24 AM   
dontra85

i am expierenced too and would be willing to play as i stated earlier.

Post #: 24
RE: Allied Player needed !!! - 1/24/2013 11:20:07 PM   
Adolf Galland

ecellent....;)

ps. i have send a message for few weeks to you... its not arrived ? (mail)

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Player needed !!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI