Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it already?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it already? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/2/2013 1:57:11 PM   
wodin

Planner..or Formula De..

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 31
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/2/2013 8:36:59 PM   
Lecivius

I still dream of a Mech Warrior game. MMO, or Stratagy. None of this FPS garbage that keeps coming out.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 32
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/2/2013 11:41:29 PM   
wodin

A Mech Turn based game but with RPG elements..

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 33
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 1:23:10 AM   
SuluSea

That Stalingrad game Wodin mentioned awhile back looks like that could be special if done well. Anything along the lines of Naval Battles Guadalcanal but with better graphics.

War in the West or the next in the series of GG WITE will be buy the first day.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 34
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 2:32:27 AM   
wodin

Streets of Stalingrad? Yes that would be very cool indeed. Have a read if you've time of my game idea on the previous page, it looks at wargaming from a totally different way than any game I can think of and I'm sure would be of interest due to it being a breath of fresh air. The idea was formulating after reading about The Somme and how planning logistics for the trains and lack of railheads and the errors made there aswell as the restrictions had a massive impact on the battle and it's planning. So a game came into my mind about logistics, where not only where you planning the battle but also had decisions about having three hospital trains taking up 3\4 of the rail station space and you need two train loads of reinforcements to come through..do you send off the hospital train somewhere else to make room for the reinforcement trains but many wounded will die due to it and moral may fall..decisions like that. Though if you planned properly you'd have had enough room..but if you don't these sorts of decisions crop up. Also the overall fog of war and how it really has a big impact on battles both WW1 and WW2.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 35
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 2:51:52 AM   
planner 3

"Touche Wodin" buy I prefer Varoom ! Vaaa ROOOM !

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 36
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 11:40:34 AM   
british exil

I like your thinkg Wodin.
Would be nice if such a game existed.
Another thing that would be fine in my books, would also be, that if I failed in my role as company commander or Army leader that I no longer get a promotion or maybe urgently needed reserves, better weapons. Or even worse and my role is no longer wanted/needed and I posted to some other minjor role, in other words Game Over! Of course such a drastic ending would be needed in a setup, accept or decline. Maybe on a campaign modus starting of as a company commander and as losses mount getting promoted as new positions are made availble.

I liked the link you posted "Streets of Stalingrad" did sound like a great game. Wish I had such a game that I could play vs a good AI.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 37
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 5:44:52 PM   
Wolfe

Computer version of any of these (with a decent AI to play against)

Star Fleet Battles / Federation Commander
Federation & Empire
OGRE / G.E.V.
Pax Romana

Or a new version of Legions Gold covering the whole of the Roman empire using an updated version of Legion Arena Gold for the battles.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 38
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 5:50:00 PM   
wodin

British..so do I. Streets of Stalingrad would make a great PC game..if only.

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 39
RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it ... - 1/3/2013 8:18:55 PM   
dave74

A Grand Strategy Civil War Game with the options of Forge of Freedom, A map based on counties in America at the time for more provinces and Battles based on Sid Miers Gettysburg....

PLEASE!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game would you buy if they would just make it already? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI