Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ radius effect

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> HQ radius effect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ radius effect - 12/29/2012 9:51:03 PM   
MuguNiner

Hi,

How does the command radius of an Air or Naval HQ affect bases? Do all bases within the HQ radius get the benefits of the HQ such as getting more aircraft into the air or ships repaired?

Thanks

USMC 1976-80
Post #: 1
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/30/2012 2:41:05 AM   
jeffk3510

Air HQs provide a boost to the numbers of bombers that will fly on a strike mission for example.

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to MuguNiner)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/30/2012 4:18:28 AM   
jmalter

an air HQ adds its radius value to the # of airgroups the base-size of all bases within that radius. it will add a decreasing value out to twice its radius. it can also provide torpedoes to land-based planes, the torpedoes must be purchased manually (& you can set them for auto-repurchase). the air HQ will supply torpedoes to bases within its radius, if the bases have adequate supply. a leader w/ high air skill will also increase the number of planes that fly from a base.

a naval HQ will improve repair ability, presumably within its radius. some have navsupport, some only support. its leader is said to have no influence on anything.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/30/2012 4:38:10 AM   
MuguNiner

Thanks,

I have an air HQ with a radius of 5. I am wondering if locating it in Townsville would be better than Cairns. I have several 4E groups in Townsville/Charter Towers and lots of 2E groups in Carins and Cooktown. If placed in Cairns, the radius would cover all of these bases. If placed in Townsville it would not. Would Cairns be the better placement?

USMC 1976-80

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/30/2012 6:25:08 AM   
jmalter

hi MuguNiner,

at 1st glance, Cairns would be the better place, due to radius coverage.

but you must look at your bases, your current ops & your future plans.

is Cooktown's airbase at lvl 5 and building? has it got enough supply? would your current ops suffer if you take the airHQ offline for several turns to strat-move it from T-ville to Cairns? is it in T-ville now, or is it moving north from Sydney?

(in reply to MuguNiner)
Post #: 5
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/30/2012 10:38:42 AM   
MuguNiner

The HQ just arrived at Townsville. After taking a second look at things, I am going to leave it there. My 2E's are actually a bit further north in Coen. I have some fighters, ASW, and transports in Cairns and Cooktown. I am thinking that the HQ will do best hunkering down with the 4E's.

Thanks

USMC 1976-80

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ radius effect - 12/31/2012 2:04:35 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

an air HQ adds its radius value to the # of airgroups the base-size of all bases within that radius. it will add a decreasing value out to twice its radius. it can also provide torpedoes to land-based planes, the torpedoes must be purchased manually (& you can set them for auto-repurchase). the air HQ will supply torpedoes to bases within its radius, if the bases have adequate supply. a leader w/ high air skill will also increase the number of planes that fly from a base.

a naval HQ will improve repair ability, presumably within its radius. some have navsupport, some only support. its leader is said to have no influence on anything.

I have heard the same thing about leaders. Put your worst leader possible in them for rear Naval HQs

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> HQ radius effect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI