Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thinking about buying the game if people play it by pbem.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Thinking about buying the game if people play it by pbem. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thinking about buying the game if people play it by pbem. - 12/29/2012 4:27:59 PM   
Dan K

Thinking about buying this if players would pbem and play it on a ladder at the War Gamers Club for Gentlemen.

http://ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/Home.php

I would buy the core game + Africa.
Post #: 1
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/2/2013 1:43:24 PM   
Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan K

Thinking about buying this if players would pbem and play it on a ladder at the War Gamers Club for Gentlemen.

http://ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/Home.php

I would buy the core game + Africa.

Hey Dan K,

I think the PBEM is server based only.
quote:

These games can be played individually against the AI or via PBEM against human opponents. PBEM seems something of an anachronism but I still find it probably the best way to play a turned based game like Panzer Corps. The PBEM setup is among the best I have seen; you log in to the Slitherine site via the game menu and can find opponents right away or issue a request yourself.

http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_161b.html

Buy it

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 2
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/2/2013 4:58:39 PM   
Dan K

Thanks Ed!

(wow 151 posts, I'm impressed ;-) )

So would you play? Pawel might get it. I was thinking you would not have any time based on your Squad Battles game load.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 3
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/2/2013 6:09:06 PM   
Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan K

Thanks Ed!

(wow 151 posts, I'm impressed ;-) )

So would you play? Pawel might get it. I was thinking you would not have any time based on your Squad Battles game load.

I would play! I do have the base game & most of the add-ons, but haven't really played it. This will make me learn
the game I bought the day it was released. LOL!

I can handle my SB load. I plan on cutting out CM1, CM2 and Panzer Commander either way. I think that my FWW SB
battles are gone too when I finish them up. I will still play FWW if that "program" pick me a battle

Count me in

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 4
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/2/2013 7:00:12 PM   
Dan K

If Mike or Pawel don't buy it or if anyone else here doesn't show interest, then I don't know. Did you check out the Panzer General forum at the War Gamers Club for Gentlemen?
Lot's of options if you want to play that.

I'm still keeping our SB game and cutting all the other pbems down to 1.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 5
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/2/2013 11:42:13 PM   
Dan K

Ok, got a new member that plays it, so I will be buying the game this evening.

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 6
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/3/2013 12:00:53 AM   
wodin

Richie you given up on SBFWW? I've heard the battles are pretty huge even the medium size ones, my worry is I feel the 40m hex doesn't suit platoon scale and really it needed to be 100m hex.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 7
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/3/2013 12:26:01 AM   
Dan K

Ed and I are playing "Breaking the Mannerhiem Line" in Winter War.

Not much different than any WWI battles we have had so far. I'm up to 500 casualties with 5 turns left.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/3/2013 9:29:24 AM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

I plan on cutting out CM1, CM2 and Panzer Commander either way.

Sacrilege! How can you cut out 3 of the best squad level games ever produced. Get your stones boys it's clobberin time.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 9
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/3/2013 1:45:48 PM   
Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Richie you given up on SBFWW? I've heard the battles are pretty huge even the medium size ones, my worry is I feel the 40m hex doesn't suit platoon scale and really it needed to be 100m hex.

Jason,

It's any ok title. I am a WWII junkie, so WWI doesn't do much for me. I don't think Oz was involved in the scenarios, and you have to agree that he is one AWESOME scenario designer!

Sun Tzu

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: Thinking about buying the game if people play it by... - 1/3/2013 1:51:41 PM   
Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

I plan on cutting out CM1, CM2 and Panzer Commander either way.

Sacrilege! How can you cut out 3 of the best squad level games ever produced. Get your stones boys it's clobberin time.

I will agree that they are all great titles, but it's a time deal. I play roughly 20 PBEM HPS Squad Battle games
at a time (Very underrated series) and I don't have the time to put into these titles. Plus I tried getting back
into PCO, but I am having issues with the PBEM system and I just don't feel like dealing with it anymore.
But I still own & will buy the CM titles!

Oh, and I now have twin boys who love board games! Valor & Victory, Band of Heroes, Conflict of Heroes and the new
GMT Panzer series!!!! I am loving it

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Thinking about buying the game if people play it by pbem. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI