Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied need for resources

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Allied need for resources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied need for resources - 12/28/2012 9:50:05 PM   
garywjamison

Fellow Gamers:

I am playing my first game as the historic Allies against the historic Japanese. I have send some resources from Australia to the United States. Is there any allied area that needs either resources or raw oil?

Threads on Japanese production showed a chart with turn-by-turn information on manpower, resources, vehicles, etc. Do such charts exist for the Allied player? I know that as the Allied player I can not change production but perhaps I can speed up arrivals.

Gary Jamison
Post #: 1
RE: Allied need for resources - 12/29/2012 12:03:26 AM   
Quixote

Short answer - As Allies you don't have to pay too much attention to moving Resources or Oil, except where it aids in denying them to the Japanese. (This is why you don't see any threads about it for the Allied side.) Moving Fuel is another matter.

(in reply to garywjamison)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied need for resources - 12/29/2012 2:12:31 AM   
JeffK

I never send anything to the USA, it isnt needed.

I do set up a small AKL convoy between Hilo & Oahu to feed the industry on Oahu with resources. They dont produce a lot but saves a bit on carting them from CONUS. I sometimes run convoys from Port Hedkand to Perth as much to remove them from JFB range as anything else.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied need for resources - 12/29/2012 5:57:32 PM   
John Lansford

Don't bother with resources, or oil for that matter. You should, however, send supplies and fuel out of threatened bases (Indonesia, Philippines, etc) to bases you want to defend (Northern Australia, PM, etc). You'll need the supplies and oil later and all those xAK's you are evacuating from endangered ports might as well carry something on the way south.

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Allied need for resources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI