Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Manpower Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Manpower Bug? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Manpower Bug? - 1/1/2013 11:15:45 PM   
Pelton

The frozen units are about same toe, but the front line units are not the same and we are far into the blizzard, 10 turns ahead.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 61
RE: Manpower Bug? - 1/1/2013 11:19:24 PM   
Pelton

Also both Hun 2nd armies are set-up the same way as far as no Corp.

Basicly why I started this hole mess in first place is because one game is not acting the same as the other as far as replacements.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 62
RE: Manpower Bug? - 1/1/2013 11:42:13 PM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

I hear what your saying, but I personally have never seen front line units toe drop just sitting, they always go up.

That is because you haven't played the Soviets past 1941.

This is very common, especially up north, for units on the front line to gradually waste away and force the Soviet player to do the "attrition shuffle," where units have to constantly be rotated in and out of the front line to take in replacements.

I very much preferred the old system where units on the front could take on replacements just as easily as those in the rear.

Refitting on the front line is chancy at best. You have to pull stuff out and put in the rear now to guarantee it taking on replacements.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 63
RE: Manpower Bug? - 1/1/2013 11:55:26 PM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

I hear what your saying, but I personally have never seen front line units toe drop just sitting, they always go up.

That is because you haven't played the Soviets past 1941.

This is very common, especially up north, for units on the front line to gradually waste away and force the Soviet player to do the "attrition shuffle," where units have to constantly be rotated in and out of the front line to take in replacements.

I very much preferred the old system where units on the front could take on replacements just as easily as those in the rear.

Refitting on the front line is chancy at best. You have to pull stuff out and put in the rear now to guarantee it taking on replacements.

Yes I am finding that out in my game with SD, units in static drop to unready withen a few turns.

Thanks for your insite Semi.

German units seem to have no issues I have found in my current games.

Not sure why the bottle neck from turns 58 to 75ish in this game, but it seems to be dropping off 5k a turn instead of growing 5 or 6k a turn.

The replasements still don't seem to be flowing to allies as they should in this game, but I can live with it or have to at this point.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 64
RE: allied replasemnts lagging? - 1/2/2013 11:09:53 AM   
Pelton

Hun 10th, 13th and 23rd were with draw last turn and put on rail lines and TOE increased from 10th 74 to 77, 13th 73 to 77 and 23rd 74 to 77.

Thats seems really slow seeing there is 100k of men and arm in pools.

I left them in back again this turn to see if it goes any faster.

Fins have allot of units not in lines on refit and I am seeing same issue only 2-4 points growth per turn and piles of men/arm in pools.

German units gain 10+

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/2/2013 11:21:47 AM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 65
RE: allied replasemnts lagging? - 1/2/2013 2:53:48 PM   
Seminole

quote:

Hun 10th, 13th and 23rd were with draw last turn and put on rail lines and TOE increased from 10th 74 to 77, 13th 73 to 77 and 23rd 74 to 77.
Thats seems really slow seeing there is 100k of men and arm in pools.
I left them in back again this turn to see if it goes any faster.
Fins have allot of units not in lines on refit and I am seeing same issue only 2-4 points growth per turn and piles of men/arm in pools.
German units gain 10+

Did you disband Finnish lower level HQs too?
We don't really know what command checks take place, and what modifiers they enjoy/endure. I wonder if the difference (between German and Allies) you're seeing is largely in relative command ratings.
My dad worked in personnel for the USAF. If you eliminated his job and sent him to the front lines it would have slowed down getting guys to the right units, because that was his job.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 66
RE: allied replasemnts lagging? - 1/2/2013 6:36:59 PM   
Joel Billings

Pavel emailed me this re Pelton's game:

I took a look a see absolutely nothing wrong. OOB is growing within the settings set by player. There are a lot of units set with MAX TOE to 50.
Once I set it to 100 for all of them, next turn German active pool went to
19 men and OOB grew up to 3.6M. Also Axis Allies started to get replacement during non-refit.

I think Seminole is onto something re the Hungarians. AFAIK there are lots of command checks that have to be made to get replacements. Wouldn't be surprised if lousy leaders or units leads to less replacements. Also, there may be some items that are hard to get (even with on demand production items) that are lagging behind the others and causing the overall TOE to stay low. Since you have units set to max toe 90, you aren't far from that and as I said some elements may lag due to production issues or leader rolls. Increase your Max TOEs and/or pull more units back for refit. That's our suggestion as we don't see anything wrong.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 67
RE: allied replasemnts lagging? - 1/2/2013 8:22:36 PM   
latosusi

Could you check problems with ground support as well?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 68
RE: allied replasemnts lagging? - 1/2/2013 9:20:34 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: latosusi

Could you check problems with ground support as well?

If there is some problem with ground support, please start a new thread and provide the details. A save file with how to repeat the problem is usually needed as well.

Closing this thread as the determination has been made that manpower looks to be working as intended.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Manpower Bug? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI