Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/26/2012 11:10:10 AM   
nukkxx

The question is in the title ;-)
Post #: 1
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/26/2012 11:34:38 AM   
Sunburn

[...]

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 12/26/2012 12:03:55 PM >

Follow us on Facebook

(in reply to nukkxx)
Post #: 2
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/26/2012 9:18:18 PM   
wodin

There will be WW3 scenarios..but no campaigns..

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Sunburn)
Post #: 3
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 6:59:11 AM   
nukkxx

Hi, thank you for your response. Does it mean that the game will not handle campaigns at all (just scenarios) or that such a ww3 campaign will not be designed by the devs?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 7:28:30 AM   
Sunburn

When most people speak about "campaigns", what they have in mind is a series of linked missions with the player's own units transferred from one mission to the next while retaining their status (weapons expended, damage etc.). Command will probably not support this in v1, but it is something we could consider for Command vNext depending on the demand for it and work that would need to be done.

Currently Command supports individual scenarios, and a scenario author can design scenarios with a common story and with common units to give the progression of a campaign. This is something we have done successfully in the past with WW3 scenarios, for example the "WW3 in 1985" series, and it is something that can also be done in Command.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 12/27/2012 7:58:36 AM >

Follow us on Facebook

(in reply to nukkxx)
Post #: 5
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 4:04:47 PM   
nukkxx

I fact I'd really like to play WW3 in 2015 rather than in 1985. A rather realistic scenario. The scenario would be like this:
Nato + Israel to declare war to Iran. Coalition forms with Syria, Pakistan (etc.) against Nato.
Possibility for Russia and/or China to join "axis of evil". Possible entry of Venezuela and North Korea into the Axis "of evil" tpo bring war in south/central america and Asia.
War could spread to Africa with African states divided between Nato and "Axis of Evil".
Etc.
Global conflict with nuclear and other non conventional weapons.
Guerilla and "partisans" troops in Afghanistan, Africa, etc.
Possible VP could be (among many others) to destroy (or protect) oil fields in middle east, controlling natural resources in Africa.
Bombing (or protect) Israel for axis (for Nato),
Sending missiles abroad for N. Korea and damaging Japan, S. Korea, Oceania, etc.

All this with a good and realistic simulator like Command: Modern air/naval ops..

Would be quite great to play (in game, not in real of course!)

(in reply to Sunburn)
Post #: 6
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 6:16:31 PM   
wodin

Remember ground combat I believe isn't as indepth as the Air and Naval combat..

Nukes are in game if i remember correctly.

There will be nothing I believe standing in your way to create a 2015 WW3 scenario..

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to nukkxx)
Post #: 7
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 6:52:19 PM   
nukkxx

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

There will be nothing I believe standing in your way to create a 2015 WW3 scenario..

Hi again. 3 questions below.

1) Wodin, when you say "if i remember correctly", what do you mean exactly ? are you part of dev team ? beta tester ?

2) Regarding ground ops, it doesn't seem too bad at all ! See pic below. Do I miss something ?

3) I'm not asking a release date or any top secret information but are we talking about weeks ? months ? years ? before release ?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/27/2012 10:54:11 PM   
mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Hi again. 3 questions below.

1) Wodin, when you say "if i remember correctly", what do you mean exactly ? are you part of dev team ? beta tester ?

2) Regarding ground ops, it doesn't seem too bad at all ! See pic below. Do I miss something ?

3) I'm not asking a release date or any top secret information but are we talking about weeks ? months ? years ? before release ?

1) We've been lucky enough to have Wodin as an active poster on our forum. I'm part of the development team and part owner along with Sunburn. Sirius and Ragnar might be along at some point as well. Nice to meet you.

2) The picture is actually a true representation of all the air defense and SAM sites in Europe sometime during the mid to late 80's. Mobile and fixed land units are represented in the simulation and they can move and shoot however our initial intent is to make sure they're really good targets as this sim is really about strike warfare. We'll be looking at further developing the land warfare model in the future to make them fight each other a little better. They do shoot at each other and have different movement rates on terrain now however.

3) We'd all like to release in 2013. Details will be posted when it makes sense to.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 12/27/2012 10:57:12 PM >

(in reply to nukkxx)
Post #: 9
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/28/2012 1:04:46 AM   
mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Correct on all accounts.

Scenarios will ship with the game however we are giving you a ton of tools to build your own battles.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/28/2012 7:23:24 AM   
nukkxx

quote:

2) The picture is actually a true representation of all the air defense and SAM sites in Europe sometime during the mid to late 80's.

Oops,yes, i didn't watch carefully enough. I was actually looking at the red units and I don't clearly see nato symbols. Are the reds units ???
And how can I have an idea of ground operations then ? Because I can't imagine that ground combat is not modeled in the game. What would air and naval force for if ground units are not modelled? Can someone develop on this point ?

(in reply to mikmyk)
Post #: 11
RE: Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? - 12/29/2012 6:51:41 PM   
Sunburn

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx
Oops,yes, i didn't watch carefully enough. I was actually looking at the red units and I don't clearly see nato symbols. Are the reds units ???

Yes.
quote:

And how can I have an idea of ground operations then ? Because I can't imagine that ground combat is not modeled in the game. What would air and naval force for if ground units are not modelled? Can someone develop on this point ?

Ground combat is included in Command but we've been very clear that it is more abstract and missing more realism/detail elements than in dedicated land-warfare games like Steel Panthers or Armored Brigade. There are a number of reasons for this but the main point is that our focus is on air and naval stuff, and everything else is peripheral.

You don't need detailed representation of tactical land combat in order to construct an air/naval combat environment (just look at almost every single flight & naval sim out there). Air and naval forces are assigned certain tasks, some of which have to do with directly supporting ground operations (other tasks are more strategic in nature). They then do their best to accomplish these tasks. What the grunt with the rifle does is quite simply out of their scope.

Land assets that do influence the conduct of air/nav ops (e.g. SAM sites, radar posts, coastal batteries etc.) are of course treated in much higher detail.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 12/29/2012 6:54:11 PM >

Follow us on Facebook

(in reply to nukkxx)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Will there be a global WW3 mega-campaign ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI