Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Defending large areas?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Defending large areas? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defending large areas? - 12/25/2012 11:23:16 PM   
Fishbreath

I've been playing the Battered Bastards scenario this Christmas, and a couple of times now I've run into situations where it doesn't seem possible to give the orders I want to give:

1) Around Bastogne, where I had to manually order company-sized units to defend positions because battalion-level orders didn't offer me enough frontage to adequately cover the distances I had to cover. Is there a way to order a battalion to place a line of outposts (to catch attempts at infiltration) that aren't necessarily a solid defensive line?

2) I couldn't afford to use whole battalions from the 4th Armored to defend Chaumont and Clochimont. I would have liked to be able to order a battalion to defend both towns, splitting itself up as necessary, rather than having to order two companies to defend one and the HQ and remaining company to defend the other, especially since I found myself bumping up against the command limit on the XIII Corps headquarters because of #1.
Post #: 1
RE: Defending large areas? - 12/25/2012 11:40:23 PM   
Arjuna

Sorry but neirther option is available. You have to micromanage to get the result you want in these situations.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Fishbreath)
Post #: 2
RE: Defending large areas? - 12/26/2012 2:21:05 AM   
Fishbreath

That's a shame, but I suppose it doesn't come up a great deal, and I was able to beat the historical result even with that problem and the halting bug (or perhaps because of the halting bug; the Germans spent this scenario attacking Bastogne rather than delaying the 4th Armored). Any chance we might see an outpost line or multi-defend order in future iterations? They're probably even less important for the Eastern Front game, but I definitely think they'd be handy the next time you revisit Western Europe.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Defending large areas? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI