Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/27/2012 10:48:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

Surely not that catastrophic? You have a very solid position in the west, you can afford to pull back troops from the western and eastern fronts to deal with the Serbian upstart or no?
warspite1

Yes, my Serbian strategy rested on giving the Czar a right good going over from which they would never recover. That strategy lies in ruins. I fully expect the Ormster to pitch up in Serbia very soon with half the British and French Armies!!

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 31
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/27/2012 11:43:30 PM   
warspite1

Turn 21 - 1st April 1915

In Serbia I manage to force the Serbs into a retreat and I hope to be able to take back some of the ground lost around Sarajevo and Cattaro - we shall see....

The naval battle at Otranto is not over. A French Cruiser force came back and there was a brief engagement with the Austrian Battlefleet.

In Russia it is recovery time, and I have to start sending units to Italy.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 1:17:12 AM   
warspite1

Turn 22 - 15th April 1915

After being attacked by a British Cruiser Fleet, the naval engagement at Otranto ends with the remnants of the Austrian Battlefleet retreating to Split. In southern Austria, the Serbs continue their retreat south, although somehow manage to avoid heavy loss despite being in the open, and caught by two Infantry Armies.

The only other action this turn was the destruction of a Russian Garrison, southwest of Minsk, that had strayed to close to the front-line. Here too however, it took about four full strength infantry to destroy the unit.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 11:54:40 AM   
warspite1

Turn 23 - 29th April 1915

The Royal Navy followed up their success at Otranto by raiding the port of Split and sinking the remnants of the Battlefleet.

France

Orm mounts his surprise!! He has placed Artillery and heavy Infantry units in Alsace which have pushed the German Garrison troops back.

I decide to launch an offensive to threaten Paris but.....Not sure what I have to do to get a breakthrough .. Two Artillery and three full strength Infantry (one with a General) fail to dislodge a French Infantry unit.... the attack stalls before it starts...

Serbia

The Austrians chase the Serbians back to Sarajevo but there will be little, if any, chance of taking the city back with the forces available.

Russia

In Russia I push forward again. An Austrian Army Group consisting of 3rd, 7th, 8th and 10th Armies + the 2nd Lemburg Garrison surrounds a Russian Garrison in the southern Pripet Marshes, but can only take 5-strength points off the enemy unit.

A Second Army Group pushes between Vilna and Minsk but scores the same result against a Russian Garrison guarding the southern bank of the River Neman.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 12:17:45 PM   
Myrddraal

Would love to see some screenshots.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 35
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 12:20:23 PM   
warspite1

I'll do some more once Orm does his next turn.

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 36
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 12:57:19 PM   
warspite1

Turn 24 - 13th May 1915

I am close to despair with this game.... I attack the British Infantry south of the Somme with:

- Three Infantry (including a General attached to 2nd Army and 12th Army which is south of the river)
- Two German Artillery
- One German Aircraft
- And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

All I need is to dislodge the unit to get another Infantry over the river...what happens? He sits there

Okay so I turn my attention to the Garrison unit northwest of Verdun. I attack again with three Infantry (including von Hindenburg's 10th Army) - result? The French Garrison loses 4 points....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 37
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 1:01:31 PM   
warspite1

Turn 24 - 13th May 1915 (Cont)

Serbia

The British Battlefleet sails up the Adriatic and destroys the Cruiser Fleet in Trieste. I pull back my troops north of Sarajevo to try and form a line.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 38
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 1:06:23 PM   
warspite1

Turn 24 - 13th May 1915 (Cont)

Russia

The Russians appear invincible in this game. East of Vilna it takes no less than Five Armies + an Artillery to get rid of the Russian Garrison south of the river....

Further south its the same story - the Russian Garrison proves almost untouchable while a counter-attack from a lone Russian Infantry almost wipes out the Austrian 3rd Army....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/28/2012 1:20:40 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 2:30:24 PM   
warspite1

Turn 25 - 27th May 1915

The Game moves into its final phase. This time three German Armies and an Artillery attack a French Garrison northwest of Paris...it survives easily, i can't even get close to forcing any sort of result at all. Meanwhile no such problems for the British as they take Strassburg.

The two Russian Infantry and one Garrison continue to roll up the Austrian Army south of the Pripet Marshes, while around Vilna I throw caution to the wind (no reason not to now) and cross the Neman with two Austrian Armies - which I suspect will be toast next turn.

The Italians are in next turn or turn after latest and all I have to oppose them are a few Garrisons.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/29/2012 1:35:01 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 40
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 4:36:43 PM   
Myrddraal

How are things going in the Caucasus?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 41
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/28/2012 4:45:32 PM   
warspite1

Its a non-event. I am trying a desperate encircling manoeuvre beyond Sarikamesh to turn the Russian defenders but its a risky move and taking forever...

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 42
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/29/2012 1:46:17 AM   
warspite1

Turn 26 - 10th June 1915

In France a scratch force of Garrison Armies, joined by 14th Army and the 3rd Artillery Army take back Strassburg from the British. Further west, my dreams of capturing the ground between the Somme and the Seine have evaporated, and I withdraw to straighten my lines.

In Russia it all goes pea shaped. I launch an all-out offensive against Vilna with four Armies and an Artillery. But the city is not close to falling and the position of the weak German and Austrian Armies is critical.

In Turkey my plan to cut-off the Russians in Sarikamish fails as the 2nd Cavalry Army comes across a Garrison in the city.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM - 12/29/2012 7:05:04 PM   
warspite1

Turn 27

Its all over. Orm is just too good an opponent Congratulations Ormster .

I had just a few Garrison on the Italian Front and now they are in the war. I have lost Strassburg again and no chance of a counter-attack as I am out of ammo (one of the brilliant things about Orm is that he never seems to run out of ammo...brilliant play).

In Russia, my units were getting weaker and more strung out....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: Warspite1 (CP) vs Orm (Entente) NO ORM Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI