Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill please) - 12/25/2012 5:12:51 PM   
Icedawg

Are these actual command HQs as their information screens indicate? I ask because I'd like to use one of them to get the bonus assault value for an upcoming invasion of Port Moresby. If I can park the Southeast Area Fleet in Buna, it is within range to add the extra assault value to troops attacking Port Moresby (if it can give the bonus). Alternatively, I'm thinking of landing the 4th Fleet in Buna and marching it to Dobadura. From there, it should be able to add its bonus (if it can).

It seems weird that these HQs would be able to influence LCU assault strength as they are entirely composed of naval support squads. Does anyone have an answer?
Post #: 1
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/25/2012 5:30:29 PM   
PaxMondo

Not sure about assault strength, but they do work for TOE upgrades.

Pax

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/25/2012 5:51:01 PM   
witpqs

It's easy to tell in-game now.

No suffix means command HQ.
"n" means naval HQ.
"a" means air HQ.
"c" means corps HQ.
"y' means army HQ.

Attachment (1)

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/25/2012 6:17:24 PM   
Icedawg

Thanks for the clarification. I guess since they both have n's, they won't add any bonus.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/26/2012 7:45:30 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Nothern Territory Corps? POA? II / III Australian Corps? Which scenario / mod is that?

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/26/2012 2:53:07 PM   
ckammp

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Nothern Territory Corps? POA? II / III Australian Corps? Which scenario / mod is that?

In the regular scenarios, several of the HQ units change names during the game. The above examples are as follows:

7th Mil. District changes to Northern Territory Corps on 420301
Pacific Fleet changes to Pacific Ocean Areas on 420401
Eastern Command changes to II Australian Corps on 420401
Western Command changes to III Australian Corps on 420401

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 6
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/26/2012 4:48:23 PM   
witpqs

That screen shot if from Babes 28-C (I forget the version number we started with), game date late January 1943.

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 7
RE: 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill p... - 12/27/2012 9:20:01 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

D'oh! Been so occupied with my mod and frequent restarts - I haven't played past Feb 42 for so long that I forgot about the name changes...

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 4th Fleet and Southeast Area Fleet (no Khyberbill please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI