Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 7:18:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

A new public beta update is available in the Members Club. It mainly adds some additional fixes to the Classic AP system for issues that were found with the v1.14 update. Please give it a try.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 7:36:02 AM   
hafer

Goos timing: thanx for the Christmas gift!

Love your support!

Cheers!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 3:50:20 PM   
tsnouffer

I've never tried these betas before, but if it fixes the group action issues I may check it out. Any more details beyond "fixes to the Classic AP system?"

Thanks. I love the latest update otherwise . . .

Games from the Front

(in reply to hafer)
Post #: 3
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 4:05:38 PM   
ericbabe

I think it fixes the group action problem and the problem with Command Actions not spending CAPs properly for units with bonus moves. It fixes the issue in several of the most straightforward use cases, and I tested group moves for about two hours and didn't see any additional problematic use cases or any new sorts of problems. However "Conflict of Heroes" has many use cases, and I was not able to test them all.

(in reply to tsnouffer)
Post #: 4
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 4:18:26 PM   
tsnouffer

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll check it out.

Games from the Front

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/24/2012 6:22:00 PM   
junk2drive

Still getting the error message in the lobby about the version number. I suppose that is a Slitherine problem and they are off till January.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to tsnouffer)
Post #: 6
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/28/2012 6:39:26 PM   
Gerry

Why cannot I see this in the download section of the Member's Club?

Gerry

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/28/2012 6:54:49 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Why cannot I see this in the download section of the Member's Club?

Gerry

Curious, I just checked and it showed up for me. Do you maybe have that page cashed in your browser? Try Cntrl-F5 to refresh while on the page.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 8
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/28/2012 8:01:11 PM   
Gerry

Someone explained I had not clicked on the "Registered" link. Got it now, thanks.

Gerry

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 9
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/29/2012 2:11:21 PM   
PKH

If you want me to download and test a 1.1gb beta, I expect the servers to provide more than 140kb/s download.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 10
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/29/2012 2:26:56 PM   
junk2drive

It's your choice what you do with your free time. It took me over an hour but I was able to surf and stuff while waiting. Back in the old days of less than 100kb downloads, we set things up at bedtime and hoped that it worked when we got up in the morning.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 11
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/29/2012 2:38:59 PM   
Webizen

I was at the auto shop the other day to get the oil changed/brake pads replaced on my truck. The shop had free wifi. In the span of about 45 minutes I purchased and downloaded the game and then the v1.15 beta patch (about 2GB total), all via my Android tablet. Got home, off loaded the files and installed on my desktop computer. Gotta like today's technology!

quote:

ORIGINAL: PKH

If you want me to download and test a 1.1gb beta, I expect the servers to provide more than 140kb/s download.

Tac2i

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 12
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 9:40:34 AM   
PKH

Well, I guess I expect more when asked to help them out. I did download it, and it wanted to install in the same folder as the original, so I changed the folder. The beta would now not start up, complaining about not finding some files. Not sure if it has to be installed over the original, but at that size I didn't think so. It really should be installed as a separate program so I don't have to reinstall the original afterwards. If you're not going to respect my time, don't expect me to help.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 13
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 10:28:25 AM   
Chris Merchant

The download is not a whole new shiny game - it's a patch. A patch is a collection of files updated by the developer. So it needs to be installed in the same folder as the original otherwise it will complain about not finding some files.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 14
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 11:20:44 AM   
PKH

Thanks for clarifying what a patch is. I'm sure that was helpful for a lot of people. Not for me, but for a lot of people I'm sure.

If it is required to be installed in the same folder, it should do so automatically, and not allow me to change it.
At that size, I expected it to be installable as a separate program to be convenient for testers.

If this can be tested by just switching the executable, I'd like an option to just download that as well.

I'm trying to do the developers a favor by testing this, it's not some kind of priviledge I should feel lucky to be part of.

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 15
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 11:38:45 AM   
Chris Merchant

shrugs shoulders :)

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 16
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 12:21:02 PM   
PKH

quote:

shrugs shoulders :)

What's that supposed to mean ? Is really too much to ask for matrixgames to get their servers into the 21st century, and for developers to lift a finger to make helping them less inconvenient ?

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 17
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 4:17:36 PM   
VR_IronFist

The patch is extremely large because it contains the hi-res big board files for all the board game maps (these are all the Firefights under Awakening the Bear when you go to play the game). In addition, it a cumulative patch to that regardless of what version of the game you are on, you can update to whatever version of the game the patch contains. Example would be doing a fresh install of CoH on a new PC and then running one patch to bring it up to date.

I have also been beta testing so what I have been doing is having both the latest release version, v1.14 plus the beta patch, v1.15 in a folder. I can then execute either one to put the game to the version I desire. The patch is very quick to install.

Is it the most elegant solution? Nope but it's what we have. If there is another, better method to switch between versions, I have not found it yet.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 18
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 4:58:55 PM   
PKH

For people who already have the latest version, the possibility of just downloading the neccessary files would be an option.

Matrix could also develop a patcher which checked local files vs the new versions files and only downloaded the neccessary ones for all versions. It could also be possible to have a switch between beta and realease on the game's launcher, by renaming of moving files and keep track of which files belonged where.

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 19
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 6:28:24 PM   
**budd**

Matrix severs were slow for me too. Using gamershell was about 3 times faster.
quote:

ORIGINAL: PKH

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 20
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 7:13:46 PM   
danlongman

They give you something and you complain.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 21
RE: New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! - 12/30/2012 7:46:20 PM   
PKH

quote:

They give you something and you complain.

They're not giving anyone anything here. They're asking customers to do them a favor by testing updates to a product they already paid for.

If I understand it correctly, every patch on this game from now on will be 1.1gb because they have to include the maps. If you don't find that ridiculous, your standards are too low.

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> New v.1.15 Public Beta Now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI