Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sharing Mod Ideas (What If)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Sharing Mod Ideas (What If) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sharing Mod Ideas (What If) - 12/23/2012 9:25:32 PM   
DOCUP

This is the "What If" section of the sharing Mod Ideas.

Somethings that I have done in my own mod.

I modernized the Colorado class BB's. I used the 1930's plans. I think Revrick might of done this for the perfect war mod. If you did Revrick, I would love to see what you did witht them. I also built up the US navy to around the treaty limitations of cruisers, destroyers and such. 2 Lexington class BC's and 2 Amagi class BC's were placed in my mod.

I had the P 39 use the two stage turbo super-charger. I added some of the pre war fighters to the replacement pools. Let the Allies move out some of the first gen fighters to the front lines.

Marine defense Bn's were standardized from the begining. http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/USMC-C-Defense/index.html Web site I based it on. Several units were moved around from their stock starting positions.

I think it would be interesting to see 2 opponents sit down and make their own OOB for a game.
Post #: 1
RE: Sharing Mod Ideas (What If) - 12/24/2012 8:24:17 PM   
RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

This is the "What If" section of the sharing Mod Ideas.

Somethings that I have done in my own mod.

I modernized the Colorado class BB's. I used the 1930's plans. I think Revrick might of done this for the perfect war mod. If you did Revrick, I would love to see what you did witht them. I also built up the US navy to around the treaty limitations of cruisers, destroyers and such. 2 Lexington class BC's and 2 Amagi class BC's were placed in my mod.

The old ladies were upgraded in three ways, choose your poison.
1. Same engines, AAA upgraded to 4 X 2 5/38 on each beam. Replace the 3/50 with 1.1
2. Same engines, AAA upgraded to 4 X 2 5/38 on each beam, the USN wakes up and replaces the 3/50 with 40MM quad bofors.
3. and most extreme - total reconstruction of the old ladies Tennessee and Colorado. Insert the same engine plants as on the OTL North Carolina (new boilers & turbines), increase deck armor over mags and engine spaces, extend the bow 60 ft., increase torpedo defense. Length approx 684 OA - speed 26-27 kts, same main armament, increased AAA.

No Battle cruisers. But four (Alt WNT mod) Fast BBs (Alt TL South Dakotas) built with 8 16/50 Mk 3, 30 kt speed. 13.5" Belt, 5" deck, 12" bulkheads. Sec. Btty same as the Old Ladies. (The engines were the prototypes for the plants which became the OTL North Carolina plants and were fitted in the Old Ladies. But since the hull form of the four ATL SoDaks was more amenable to higher speed (Longer, close to 780') they could easily reach 30 kts.

quote:

I had the P 39 use the two stage turbo super-charger. I added some of the pre war fighters to the replacement pools. Let the Allies move out some of the first gen fighters to the front lines.

In my mod, the P-39s were kept as Ground Attack aircraft, which was what the Army thought they should be. But, the guys at Bell were pissed, so they started building the P-400 on their own hook to sell to the Brits With the 2-stage supercharger and the 20 mm in the nose. It would be a bit short legged, but with that kind of power and speed, it would be better than anything in the US inventory in 1941. Some of the people in the Army are not dumb as a brick and hide bound by the bureaucratic imprint of the War Planners, and begin to buy a number of these (at first just a couple of squadrons) and when they start whuppin' up on P-40's, two things happen. They buy more p-400's, and they order the P-40E with a supercharger. This kicks both airplanes capability up.
quote:

Marine defense Bn's were standardized from the begining. http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/USMC-C-Defense/index.html Web site I based it on. Several units were moved around from their stock starting positions.

I think it would be interesting to see 2 opponents sit down and make their own OOB for a game.

I will be glad to share.
One of my basic premises is that the Black Chamber is never shut down, and the higher echelons of govt have been 'reading the Imperial Japanese govt. mail' for a long time. Certain key changes are made which increase over time to a better preparedness in the US military. Not all of is it in play yet, but the USMC Def Bats are expanded, and the number increased to have Wake, Midway, Johnson Island, Pago Pago, Canton Island fairly well defended from easy invasion. A determined push, well.. that could be dicey, but expensive.

Another timeline alteration is that the first two carriers (Lex and Sara) are caught earlier in their building, since they basically are stopped on the ways earlier (the results of Jutland are not in favor of battle cruisers, and cooler head prevail in the USN about needing them!) Thus,their conversion to carriers begins at an earlier state of building. This means that they are not quite as heavy, but more capable, and since in the Alt WNT mod, there is about 20% more tonnage over all, and a higher percentage allocated to the IJN, this means that CV's get some extra attention as well.

There is a whole lot of other stuff as well. So if you wish, contact me by PM and I will send it to you..

Grace and peace..
and Merry Christmas.

BTW - I have a roaring case of the flu which means that I will miss celebrating the Christmas Eve service tonight for the first time in 20 years, and attending one in 30.
Grace and Peace;

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 2
RE: Sharing Mod Ideas (What If) - 12/25/2012 11:30:11 PM   
Herrbear

Get well soon, Rev.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Sharing Mod Ideas (What If) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI