Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game crashes at end of battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Game crashes at end of battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game crashes at end of battle - 12/23/2012 2:56:57 PM   
Geometer

Hi all, I'm new here. I hope someone can help.

I downloaded PitF a few days ago, hotfix installed. First run through the Grand Campaign, playing as the Americans with 5 Shermans and 2 M10s: Day 2, 1800 hrs, Bion map, the game crashes at the end of the battle. No "internal error" message, just the Windows message "Close Combat.exe has stopped working.. etc." I've replayed the battle 5 times, happens every time.

System specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1
AMD Phenom II X2 525
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I'm afraid I don't know how to find or compress the save game file (I'm no techie, such things are a mystery to me).

Advice appreciated.

Geometer
Post #: 1
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/23/2012 7:34:14 PM   
Steve McClaire

Hi Geometer - thanks for your report.

The saved game file will be in your Windows "Documents" folder under the sub-folder "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\Saved Games." The file will be named as you see it in your save game list inside the game itself. You should be able to use Windows explorer to go to the folder, right-click the file, and pick "Sent To >" and "Compressed (zipped) Folder" from the pop-up menu. This will compress the file.

To add it to a post on the forum, click the "Post Reply" button, then click the link below the text-entry area that says "Click here to upload!" Select your zipped file and it should be added to the forum post once you hit "Ok" to post your reply.

Thanks,

Steve

(in reply to Geometer)
Post #: 2
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/23/2012 8:02:51 PM   
Geometer

Thank you. Lets see if it works.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/24/2012 8:02:52 PM   
Steve McClaire

That did the trick.  Thank you, I will have a look.

(in reply to Geometer)
Post #: 4
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/28/2012 7:18:16 PM   
Steve McClaire

Hi Geometer -- do you recall if you did a Merge of any Battle Groups?

Post #: 5
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/29/2012 12:44:56 PM   
Geometer

I think I did, yes. IIRC, the map was originally defended by a Mech. Cav. Division which I merged with the Armd Division when they arrived. I also made a change to the roster pre-battle by replacing the default 3-Sherman platoon with one of 5 Shermans.

Post #: 6
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/29/2012 7:12:53 PM   
Steve McClaire

Thanks for confirming.  This will be fixed in the upcoming patch.  I can't give an exact date for this just yet, but it will be as soon as possible (post-holidays).

(in reply to Geometer)
Post #: 7
RE: Game crashes at end of battle - 12/31/2012 12:50:17 PM   
Geometer

OK, thanks for that Steve, I'll look forward to it. Apart from that glitch, it's a great game.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Game crashes at end of battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI