Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Northern Map Edge

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Northern Map Edge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Northern Map Edge - 12/23/2012 6:33:38 AM   
BossGnome

I love this game, but the way the northern map edge is handled really bothers me. Because of what was going on to the immediate north of the game map during this period, shouldn't the entire northern portion of the map act as a supply source for the soviets? Moreover, if we assume that the german and soviet lines essentially do not budge from their starting positions on Trappenjagd or Case Blue, then wouldn't it be fair to allow for either german or soviet off map troop redeployment if troops find themselves trapped against the northern map edge?

I don't know to what extent the way the map edges work can be modified, but this is one of the major sticking points for me in what I otherwise think is a great game.

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
RE: Northern Map Edge - 4/30/2013 8:12:53 PM   
Hugolin

Well I 'justify' it by saying the AG Centre moves forward too... Got to find a reason to live with Maginot Line type of map edge.

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: Northern Map Edge - 4/30/2013 11:08:36 PM   
c00per

I think if the axis push farther then historical then release a whole Russian front with three armies attached or if that is to extreme them maybe an army at full strength

< Message edited by c00per -- 5/2/2013 12:12:13 AM >

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Northern Map Edge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI