Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New HD Video Replay of Legends

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> New HD Video Replay of Legends Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New HD Video Replay of Legends - 12/22/2012 3:57:31 PM   
idjester

Hey Everyone, its been awhile since I played Distant Worlds and decided to do another video replay. I had much success and fun with you all during the last playthrough so after waiting for all of the patches and such I decided to give it another run.

Please leave any thoughts, suggestions, and comments. Like I said its been awhile so I can't believe how much I have forgotten.

Distant Worlds Legends Part1
Distant Worlds Legends Part2
Distant Worlds Legends Part3
Distant Worlds Legends Part4

Post #: 1
RE: New HD Video Replay of Legends - 12/28/2012 3:24:26 AM   
idjester

Here is the newest parts for the campaign replay. Post thoughts, comments, suggestions. Hope you enjoy them

Distant Worlds Legends Part5
Distant World Legends Part6
Distant Worlds Legends Part7

< Message edited by idjester -- 12/28/2012 3:22:45 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 2
RE: New HD Video Replay of Legends - 1/11/2013 5:28:53 PM   
Antiscamp

Well, I've watched them all and thought they were good and entertaining. They were especially exciting during the war.

I'm no master player by any means, but I have a few suggestions. You did a couple of things I would have tried to avoid. You fought a two front war for a long time. You had several good openings to make a great peace treaty with the purples. I keep my wars short, to the point and concise. Set a war goal, attain it with any means necessary, defend your own territory and then go for peace. I often even end up paying a few creadits to them for a peace deal, but that's acceptable, as long as I've gained my war goal. It's often when you start waging wars back and forth that you also start losing and the enemy sends in his landing parties to surprise locations.

You had your fleets running around from one end to the other and ending up in positions that weren't to your advantage. The automation created problems for you. You should set your fleets to be under full manual control. If I really want to keep a fleet in one position and be certain of it not moving anywhere, I usually put it in defenisve stance in the current system. In other areas, you would have done much, much better with more automation and less manual control though. I keep my automation in "Suggest" mode most of the time, because the AI does a pretty good job at suggesting locations where to build defensive bases, starports, sending spies and so on and that's usually what gets my empire going.

All-in-all I really enjoyed your videos. This game needs more Let's Plays on YouTube, and I've even been thinking of making my own, and then you'll get to hear me swear in irritation at the game too! I'm looking forward to more Distant Worlds from you. Thanks for sharing.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 3
RE: New HD Video Replay of Legends - 1/11/2013 8:04:53 PM   
idjester

Thanks for the input, you make alot of good points. I wasn't shooting for a two front war but you can never be sure what will happen with so many bugs in the universe. I'll probably do a video or two more just to see what happens and then maybe another let's play down the line..... Thanks for watching.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> New HD Video Replay of Legends Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI