New events added for more gameplay!
We are excited to announce, along with The Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com), the release of the v1.1.4 update for the World War I grand strategy game Commander – The Great War.
The v1.1.4 update comes with a host of fixes, changes, and additions to give players a solid gameplay experience. Improvements were made to the naval aspect, such as reducing the cost for battleships and naval unit upkeep. Several new events were also added for Greece’s part in the war, along with capture events for Rome, Milan, Madrid, Sofia, and Washington.
The AI also received a boost for a better challenge, with German AI pushing harder in France and Central Powers AI building more subs, as well as improving the opening moves for Austria-Hungary AI. The AI for USA and Britain defend themselves much better if they are the only surviving nations. The settings for Easiest AI Difficulty have been corrected to give the AI a penalty, giving new and inexperienced players an easier war to fight.
The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Commander – The Great War to v1.1.4. To get the update, run “Check for Update” on the game menu or go to the download page for Commander – The Great War.
For more information on Commander – The Great War, visit the official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games website.
v1.1.4 – Dec 21, 2012
- Spelling fixes
- Tsaritsyn city location fixed (behind Volga)
- Easiest AI (handicapped) will now correctly receive penalty instead of bonus!
- Can no longer detach enemy commanders
- Map terrain & railroad fixes
- Can no longer swap armored trains to hexes without a railroad
- "At War" Commander requirement no longer checked if nation is still neutral.
- Evert (Russian Commander) bonus changed to reflect his description.
- Calculation of remaining turns for technologies displayed in research tab fixed.
- Fixed Italy surrenders message
- Fixed Airships inability to attack revealed submarines
- German counter color changed (darker) to differ more from Russians
- Convoy kills are counted as naval kills (in stats & Commander requirements)
- Combat penalty for amphibious attacks decreased.
- 1915 Scenario: Entente AI will attempt Gallipoli invasions.
- Early submarines deal less damage to convoys.
- Anti-sub upgrades rebalanced.
- Battleship cost reduction, naval unit upkeep reduced.
- Improved opening moves for Austria-Hungary AI, emphasizing on outflanking attempt
- German AI now pushes harder in France.
- Central Powers AI builds more subs.
- AI defends the USA and Britain better if these are the only surviving nations.
- Morale penalty for disbanding a Battleship + event message.
- Capture events for Rome, Milan, Madrid, Sofia & Washington
- Several events for Greece's part in the war.