Looking for an Allied Player

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Juice JR

Looking for an Allied Player

Post by Juice JR »

After playing only against AI, and learned most important things of the game system, i'm ready to take my position in Japanese High Command.
If you are ready to commit yourself into scenario 1, with most realism options switched on, mail me.

juice.witpae@hotmail.com

i'm capable for 1 to 2 turns on most days. as long as i can post them sometime bethween 1400 and 2200 UTC

Options and house rules negotiable.
Limited night bombing or no heavy bombers under 10000ft, comes to my mind

AW1Steve

RE: Looking for an Allied Player

Post by AW1Steve »

You might want to consider trying a PBEM as an allied player 1st. And a small scenario. Otherwise you are celebrating completing drivers education with entering a grand prix race. Give yourself a little experince. And room to grow.
Juice JR

Post by Juice JR »

It's possible if i have experient witpae player against me. witch i don't want to.
Also i can't really see, why Japanese side is considered to be more difficult.
If you give in too much for Japan, you're passing keys of victory to them.

I see more experienced Japanese player to be worse than Allied. But it's just my opinion...
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Japanese side is harder to play because:

1. There are more subtle "traps" for a Japanese player to walk into than for an Allied player.

2. It is much more difficult for a Japanese player to recover from his mistakes than it is for an Allied player to recover from his mistakes.

3. The combat situation is very assymetrical and a player must maximise their combat performance when the parameters are in their favour. As the main assymetrical advantage for Japan lies in the very beginning of the game, inexperienced Japanese players usually lack the knowledge to maximise to the fullest their initial assymetrical advantages.

4. Japanese logistics are more complicated and require very careful planning. Most people who play this game are less interested in mastering and planning thoroughly in logistics, preferring instead to "blow things up" but all experienced players eventually come to realise that to become competent they simply must accord the highest pri8ority thoroughly planning their logistics.

Alfred
mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

OK guys..., you've given him the "downside". Now how about offering him some help if he wants to continue his quest? Like where and how to load "Tracker" and other usefull "aids" for his quest. We all know he's a "glutton for punishment" with this choice---but everybody has to do it for the first time sometime, so if he's determined let's offer him some "tips" along with the criticism...
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Sorry mike scholl1, can't acquiese with regard to Tracker as I don't use it and have no intention of ever doing so. However many here do swear by it so to each their own. For the OP, Tracker is very easily found as it is "stickied" on the main forum.

What the OP may well find to be of great value and a bit harder to find, is Damian's Japanese economic document thread.

tm.asp?m=2933397

I doubt the OP needs Damian's videos as he claims to have already learnt game mechanics from playing the manual.

The other thing he might find valuable, particularly if he doesn't use Tracker, is to install witpqs's report manipulation tool. It is still in development but IIRC can be found via witpqs' signature.

Alfred
Juice JR

Post by Juice JR »

Ok. Found an opponent, so this thread can be considered to be closed.

I know as Japanese player is will loose eventually, but i'm going to do best i can to slow him down.
Luck factor is also high in this game, when TF's moving. i hope opposite Midway. You never know.

Juice
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Juice JR

Ok. Found an opponent, so this thread can be considered to be closed.

I know as Japanese player is will loose eventually, but i'm going to do best i can to slow him down.
Luck factor is also high in this game, when TF's moving. i hope opposite Midway. You never know.

Juice

Congratulations! Now for a bit more advice....when you stop looking for an opponent, it's considered both tradtionial and good ettiqute to modify the header to the opening entry of the thread saying "found" , or "closed" or even
Thanks, I've found one". This lets everyone know that your no longer searching , without having to read to the last post. :)
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Good luck Juice!

As another JFB newbie to PBEM, I highly recommend using Tracker and Combat Reporter, two very helpful utilities I found through the forum. They are both very helpful in their own ways.

Also, definitely follow Alfred's advice and read Damian's thread on managing the Japanese economy. Lots of gems there.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”