Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for an Allied Player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for an Allied Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for an Allied Player - 12/21/2012 2:26:53 PM   
Juice JR

After playing only against AI, and learned most important things of the game system, i'm ready to take my position in Japanese High Command.
If you are ready to commit yourself into scenario 1, with most realism options switched on, mail me.

juice.witpae@hotmail.com

i'm capable for 1 to 2 turns on most days. as long as i can post them sometime bethween 1400 and 2200 UTC

Options and house rules negotiable.
Limited night bombing or no heavy bombers under 10000ft, comes to my mind

Post #: 1
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/21/2012 3:37:00 PM   
AW1Steve

You might want to consider trying a PBEM as an allied player 1st. And a small scenario. Otherwise you are celebrating completing drivers education with entering a grand prix race. Give yourself a little experince. And room to grow.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to Juice JR)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/22/2012 9:33:23 AM   
Juice JR

It's possible if i have experient witpae player against me. witch i don't want to.
Also i can't really see, why Japanese side is considered to be more difficult.
If you give in too much for Japan, you're passing keys of victory to them.

I see more experienced Japanese player to be worse than Allied. But it's just my opinion...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/22/2012 6:56:09 PM   
Alfred

Japanese side is harder to play because:

1. There are more subtle "traps" for a Japanese player to walk into than for an Allied player.

2. It is much more difficult for a Japanese player to recover from his mistakes than it is for an Allied player to recover from his mistakes.

3. The combat situation is very assymetrical and a player must maximise their combat performance when the parameters are in their favour. As the main assymetrical advantage for Japan lies in the very beginning of the game, inexperienced Japanese players usually lack the knowledge to maximise to the fullest their initial assymetrical advantages.

4. Japanese logistics are more complicated and require very careful planning. Most people who play this game are less interested in mastering and planning thoroughly in logistics, preferring instead to "blow things up" but all experienced players eventually come to realise that to become competent they simply must accord the highest pri8ority thoroughly planning their logistics.

Alfred

(in reply to Juice JR)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/23/2012 3:42:02 PM   
mike scholl 1

OK guys..., you've given him the "downside". Now how about offering him some help if he wants to continue his quest? Like where and how to load "Tracker" and other usefull "aids" for his quest. We all know he's a "glutton for punishment" with this choice---but everybody has to do it for the first time sometime, so if he's determined let's offer him some "tips" along with the criticism...

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/23/2012 3:56:16 PM   
Alfred

Sorry mike scholl1, can't acquiese with regard to Tracker as I don't use it and have no intention of ever doing so. However many here do swear by it so to each their own. For the OP, Tracker is very easily found as it is "stickied" on the main forum.

What the OP may well find to be of great value and a bit harder to find, is Damian's Japanese economic document thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2933397

I doubt the OP needs Damian's videos as he claims to have already learnt game mechanics from playing the manual.

The other thing he might find valuable, particularly if he doesn't use Tracker, is to install witpqs's report manipulation tool. It is still in development but IIRC can be found via witpqs' signature.

Alfred

(in reply to mike scholl 1)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/23/2012 5:06:53 PM   
Juice JR

Ok. Found an opponent, so this thread can be considered to be closed.

I know as Japanese player is will loose eventually, but i'm going to do best i can to slow him down.
Luck factor is also high in this game, when TF's moving. i hope opposite Midway. You never know.

Juice

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/23/2012 5:17:16 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juice JR

Ok. Found an opponent, so this thread can be considered to be closed.

I know as Japanese player is will loose eventually, but i'm going to do best i can to slow him down.
Luck factor is also high in this game, when TF's moving. i hope opposite Midway. You never know.

Juice

Congratulations! Now for a bit more advice....when you stop looking for an opponent, it's considered both tradtionial and good ettiqute to modify the header to the opening entry of the thread saying "found" , or "closed" or even
Thanks, I've found one". This lets everyone know that your no longer searching , without having to read to the last post. :)

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to Juice JR)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for an Allied Player - 12/23/2012 11:09:55 PM   
Icedawg

Good luck Juice!

As another JFB newbie to PBEM, I highly recommend using Tracker and Combat Reporter, two very helpful utilities I found through the forum. They are both very helpful in their own ways.

Also, definitely follow Alfred's advice and read Damian's thread on managing the Japanese economy. Lots of gems there.

(in reply to Juice JR)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for an Allied Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI