Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Moder... - 12/19/2012 7:22:03 PM   
Scott Parrino

Super realistic air and naval warfare simulation/strategy game in the works!

We are excited to announce a partnership with WarfareSims (www.warfaresims.com) to bring the air and naval warfare simulation and strategy game Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations to customers in the near future!

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations features a very realistic modeling of air and naval warfare strategy where players take command of modern military operations from post-WW2 all the way to the near future, primarily in a tactical or operational scale. While still in development, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations aims to set a new benchmark for depth and realism in modern air and naval wargames, with detailed modeling of aircraft, surface ships, and submarines, along with multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, complete with an integrated scenario editor.

JD McNeil, Chairman of Slitherine had this to say: “We are very thrilled to be working with WarfareSims to bring our customers this new and outstanding air and naval warfare simulation. We think this title is a great fit for our audience and look forward to a very productive and beneficial relationship with WarfareSims.”

Dimitris Dranidis, General Director and Software Architect at WarfareSims, commented: "This is a huge step forward for the air/naval wargaming community. Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is going to dominate the genre and we are proud to cooperate with a dependable publisher like Matrix/Slitherine on this endeavor."

Michael Mykytyn, WarfareSims' Director of QA had this to say: "We are very happy to have signed with Slitherine/Matrix and we look forward to producing an amazing gaming experience with computer wargaming's premier publisher. We cannot wait to kick off the final beta for the first release!"

Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 10:21:26 AM   
wodin

Great signing..I guessed over on their forums that you'd signed them. Quick question what price range are you intending to sell it..is it going to be on the higher side like GGWITE or at the lower end of the scale..I'm sure they said it wasn't going to be uber expensive at one point and come in at a good price range.

This game does look like the ultimate sim land\sea warfare..and has land warfare aswell but slightly more abstracted..Lots of Falkland scenarios I believe.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Scott Parrino)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 3:51:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry, but we still haven't decided on pricing - we'll be announcing that much closer to release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 4:25:21 PM   
wodin

OK Eric..I'm sure it's worth the higher price scale but I'm not sure I could pay that on a game that isn't normally my type. I certainly would pick it up though for anything upto $49.99.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 6:34:22 PM   
MartinB

Ah, a devoted publisher teaming with the extraordinary gentlemen behind COMMAND. What I had expected - and hoped for - is now official and releasing a new milestone in naval ops simulation with a publisher with a fantastic track record of customer service, responsiveness and - mainly - only outstanding software in their portfolio - is it christmas already? Almost. Thank you for the news.

Martin

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/21/2012 2:34:37 PM   
Major SNAFU

I am looking forward to this!

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to MartinB)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 7/23/2013 6:14:36 PM   
Grimnirsson

Make sure a demo is available...no demo, no buy

(in reply to Major SNAFU)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI