Drop Box & Google Drive?

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Richie61

Drop Box & Google Drive?

Post by Richie61 »

I have a question about PBEM.

Can I use both Drop Box & Google Drive at the same time? I have two other people who both use
different programs and I want to battle both.

Thanks in advance!

Ed
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Mad Russian

RE: Drop Box & Google Drive?

Post by Mad Russian »

When you set it up it wants a specific location to send the files. So, if you wanted to do both you would have to change the setting after each game turn. Would take only a few minutes.

You couldn't do both at the same time without changing the settings.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

As MR said, you would need to remember to change your email directory before playing your turn, the alternative is for you to "host" both players on your dropbox (or google) drive.

by the way, I've not tried this with google drive, does it work as smoothly with PCO as dropbox?

The setting you need to change is in the configuration settings.

Thanks
rick

Attachments
emailconfig.jpg
emailconfig.jpg (200.26 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Steve: That is what I was thinking too. I can change it between game turns.

Rick: Google Drive has worked great! I have played 3 games and not an issue.
I fire up PCO and the file is there. I play the turn, save and the other side gets the turn.

Thanks to both of you for the fast replies!

PS: I tried playing CM1 again and after playing PCO, I don't know why I went back [:D]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Richie61

....Rick: Google Drive has worked great! I have played 3 games and not an issue.
I fire up PCO and the file is there. I play the turn, save and the other side gets the turn.

PS: I tried playing CM1 again and after playing PCO, I don't know why I went back [:D]

Good to know, Thanks!
rick
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Richie61

I haven't played CM anything for more than 3 years now. I haven't played PCO since May. Once the current project I'm working on is completed I will though!! By then my brain will need a rest! [8D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”