Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/19/2012 6:52:58 AM   
Yaab

This is reposted from the Tracker thread.

DaBigBabes A scen 28, Tracker 1.9.2

38th Chinese Division starts the war in Chungking. I set it to accept replacements and it gets 6 MMG squads in one turn. That's ok, but when I fired the Tracker, I found that the division has 210 MMGs squads in its TOE! I went back to WITP:AE, checked the unit screen, but the unit's TOE screen shows no MMGs in the TOE. What gives?

Then I opened the Editor. The unit should have 210 support squads in its TOE, not MMGs squads. How can I properly edit the slots in the Editor?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/21/2012 6:43:08 AM   
Yaab

Anyone?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 2
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/21/2012 12:27:45 PM   
PaxMondo

I don't think you can as it is a Scen number under 30.  You can edit it and resave it under a different scenario number >30, or wait for the DDB team to fix and re-issue.

Pax

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/21/2012 3:50:56 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I don't think you can as it is a Scen number under 30.  You can edit it and resave it under a different scenario number >30, or wait for the DDB team to fix and re-issue.

IIRC the cut-off is 25? The Babes scenarios are in the user-mod space I believe.

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 4
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/21/2012 8:54:47 PM   
Yaab

Thanks! Don't want to mess with scenario numbers right now. A fix by DBB team would be most welcome.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/22/2012 7:38:57 AM   
inqistor

The same thing can happen in original Scenario, because I see that this is also wrongly defined there. You can try latest beta, michelm already tried several times to fix it, but I am not sure it will fix itself, if it already happened.

If you want to change database, it can be little complicated. It is generally because device is in different slot in LCU definition, and its TOE:
1) click LCU in game, and you will see its number in upper-left corner. This is exact slot in LOCATIONS tab in editor.
2) in editor check if fields TOE ID, and Upgrade TOE have any numbers. If they have you have to also check those slots, as problem can be in model unit.
3) click Show TOE checkbox just over list of LCU Devices. It will show desired TOE, and you will see, that Support is in the place of MMG, this is cause of problem. Just change Support, and MMG devices in places, so all Devices in TOE, and LCU will be in the same slot (of course, you have to also change numbers on the right).
4) this unit is part of bigger unit, which have Devices in even different slots. This can also create problems after merging.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/30/2012 11:13:02 AM   
Yaab

I have changed the 38th Division's TOE in the Editor as advised by inqistor. However, the change didn't affect the gameplay - on turn 3 the division received 5 MMG squads, and the Tracker shows 210 MMG squads in the division's TOE. Seems PaxMondo is right about scenario numbering. Does that mean I have to start a new campaign using tweaked scenario 28 with new number >30? I am getting burnt out with WITP:AE restarts and have been replaying Baldur's Gate II lately to regain my sanity.

BTW, how do I make a scenario with number >30 show up in the WITP:AE Scenario selection screen? There is no scenario 32 ( the number I saved updated scen 28 with in the Editor) to choose there and no scenario 32 in the SCEN folder.

I am using the beta patch.

OK, I can now see scen 32 in the SCEN folder in another WITP:AE folder that only uses official patch 6.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 12/30/2012 11:39:52 AM >

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 7
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/30/2012 11:47:55 AM   
michaelm

Ensure all the scenario 32 files are present in the scen folder.
(wp?032.dat, cam032.dat, aei032.dat,scn032.cmt)

Michael

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/30/2012 11:53:19 AM   
Yaab

Everything is in place, thanks.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/30/2012 5:53:49 PM   
Symon

Yaab,

You really don't have to do anything. Sometimes Tracker displays things different from what's actually going on in the game. Don't forget - the game is what you are playing with. So what the game says is what's happening. Tracker is a third party (an excellent, nay, superior, but still third party) application.

Your 38th New Chinese Division issue is nothing more than a visual disconnect between the Tracker display and the game display.

I would be very careful about listening to people who don't actually play the game but pretend to know things about it. There is absolutely no need to change to a new scenario number. I specifically designed all Babes scenarios to make that totally unnecessary. As witpqs says, the cutoff is Scen 025. Any scenario number than 025 is updateable, within certain parameters.

Sad to see you have wasted your time, for so long. Just go back to where you originally were and continue.

Ciao. JWE

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 10
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/30/2012 8:31:10 PM   
Yaab

Symon, thanks for commenting, but I beg to disagree.

The following is the information retrieved from WITP:AE only:

Replacements ON.

38th New Chinese Division MMG numbers:

8 December 1941: MMG squads, active/(disabled) - 11(13); pool: 6 MMG squads
9 December 1941: MMG squads, active/(disabled) - 11(18); pool: 1 MMG squad

The division does receive MMG squads and can suck the Chinese MMG pool dry if this is allowed to continue.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 11
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/31/2012 3:46:36 AM   
Jace11

ANY scenario is updatable if you renumber its files. I saw this bug reported elsewhere too. It is the MG device that is set to 210 instead of the support. It's an easy DB fix.

So to fix open scen 28, fix in editor, save in new slot say scen 32... find WPL032.dat rename it to WPL026.dat, restart scenario.

BTW: I wasn't aware changes in the beta patches (exe) were being made to cover data errors in the scen files...

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 12
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/31/2012 6:44:00 AM   
Yaab

Thanks, Jace11. I will try to follow your instructions and fix this bug.

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 13
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 12/31/2012 8:13:03 AM   
Yaab

YES! At last, I have fixed this bug!

Sequence of events:

1) I noticed there is a bug with MMG squads in 38th New Chinese Division in DaBigBabesA, scen 28.
2) I fixed the division's TOE in the Editor as suggested by inqistor
3) I saved the updated scenario 28 as scenario 32 as per PaxMondo advice in the Editor.
4) I assumed that scen 32 doesn't work with the beta patch 7, since the scenario files were nowhere to be found. I finally found the scenario 32 in the SCEN folder of another WITP:AE folder, which uses only official patch 6. I used Yaab's brain and reasoning in the process.
5) I renamed all scenario 32 files to scenario 24 as advised by Jace11.
6) I loaded and ran scenario 24 under beta patch 7 and I want to report that the Chinese MMG bug is no more!

I still think that the bug should be eliminated in the original DaBigBabes scenario 28 for the common good.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 14
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 1/1/2013 4:25:50 PM   
Symon

Okey, dokey. Your nickel. Glad you "fixed" it. Babes won't fix it because it isn't broken, but people can do as they wish with mods. After all that's what this sub-forum is all about

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 15
RE: DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug - 1/5/2013 7:47:26 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jace11

BTW: I wasn't aware changes in the beta patches (exe) were being made to cover data errors in the scen files...

Technically this is not DB error.
There is part of code, which allows for upgrades of Devices, when they are not in their upgrade path. Sometimes this kicks in, and mess with TOE, when Devices are not aligned. In this case SUPPORT is present in both places, so it should not get confused (but it did, however it seems to be rare, because there is lots of such units).

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabesA,scen28 - TOE bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI