Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main forum page?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main forum page? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main forum page? - 12/18/2012 2:04:28 AM   
Icedawg

It simultaneously says that I am logged on and that I am just a Guest (note the green boxes).

It also gives a date and time that are in the future (note the red boxes). My computer said that the time was 8:45 pm on the 17th, but the mouseover near my screen name said it was 1:22 am on the 18th.

This happened after I was logged on, exited my browser and opened it back up a few minutes later. How is it that I am still sort of logged on, but not really? Do I have a virus, or has someone somehow hijacked my user name? Does this indicate someone has access to my password and matrix inbox? Any ideas?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Icedawg -- 12/18/2012 2:06:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 2:11:17 AM   
fodder

Yeah, I've seen this a lot. It usually means I have left the site without officially logging out.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 2:17:08 AM   
Icedawg

Thanks. That makes me feel alot better knowing that others are getting the same kind of result. I guess I should just log off before leaving the page. Thanks again.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 3
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 2:21:20 AM   
wdolson

The time stamp in some places might be GMT time instead of your local time. Just a guess though.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 4
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 3:01:04 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

It simultaneously says that I am logged on and that I am just a Guest (note the green boxes).

It also gives a date and time that are in the future (note the red boxes). My computer said that the time was 8:45 pm on the 17th, but the mouseover near my screen name said it was 1:22 am on the 18th.

This happened after I was logged on, exited my browser and opened it back up a few minutes later. How is it that I am still sort of logged on, but not really? Do I have a virus, or has someone somehow hijacked my user name? Does this indicate someone has access to my password and matrix inbox? Any ideas?

Hi Icedawg,

I think you may be on to something about the hijacking your user name. Get a load of Warspite1. Poor chap must have had his user name nicked, 'cuz all his posts are about "Australian beauties" or some such...

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 5
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 3:59:21 AM   
n01487477

I'm just glad my name isn't there to reveal my addiction ...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 4:13:29 AM   
jeffk3510

I have noticed the date is way off of the current time here when I am not logged in...

I have noticed the same thing showing myself logged in.. just figured it was a goof.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 7
RE: Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main foru... - 12/18/2012 1:56:22 PM   
USS America

Yep, anyone not logged in sees the date/time as GMT.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Can anyone explain this screenshot of the main forum page? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI