Request for Flee option

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
topper6

Request for Flee option

Post by topper6 »

Pretty basic, as the title says, can you please reinstall the Flee option. Some fights you might just wanna give up and go on to the next battle instead of kamikazing or whatever you do to end the battle. Or like you have one well hidden at-gun left or whatever and just wanna end it.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Request for Flee option

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the suggestion.  It is something we can consider for future versions.

For PitF, you can offer a truce. If there's no real action for a time (generally a few minutes) the AI will accept it. That is about the fastest way out of a battle, short of sacrificing men to break your own force morale.

Dora09

Post by Dora09 »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Thanks for the suggestion.  It is something we can consider for future versions.

For PitF, you can offer a truce. If there's no real action for a time (generally a few minutes) the AI will accept it. That is about the fastest way out of a battle, short of sacrificing men to break your own force morale.

I noticed this. The only bad thing about it is that it seems sometimes the AI is too eager to accept the truce, even if they are ahead in the battle. That being said, I think it works reasonably well to end battles where both sides are no longer in a position to push on. I liked the old flee button though.
Renato

Post by Renato »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

For PitF, you can offer a truce. If there's no real action for a time (generally a few minutes) the AI will accept it. .....

I agree; it's a great improvement with respect to CCLSA!

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”