From: Vienna, Austria
Guys, I'm talking about N1K5-J George, not some other planes. You really should test and see how powerful this particular plane is.
At 30,000 ft it beats P47D25 with advantage of 100:160. For those who don't believe it's game changer, just imagine you have a long range Shinden in 10/43. And why is N1K5-J George so powerful? I don't have an answer.
Only if your pilot skill diverges.
Performance wise the planes are roughly equal, with the Thud D23 holding the distinct advantage at high alt and a slight advantage at lower alt.
Thud got better top speed, better firepower, better durability, and better ceiling. George N1K5-J has better mvr at low alt (as nearly all Japanese fighters), and slightly better climb.
The attributes of the George get ruined by its service rating of 3 though, while the Thud has 1.
2. Economic Mod.(I've done this with my game with Floyd)
- Add months to F & FB (as well as others) plane arrival date. . One month for each year (see above).
- no more than 1 upgrade to next model per model. So, A6M3 -> 3a but not A6M5.
- Advanced Engines moved months down.
- Changing engines for advanced models so they are not using typical engines.
- Engine costs increased for building. (later models only) Pity we can't do this for planes too! Or get to the economic multipliers for these things!
- Less R&D plants available.
- All R&D plants start at 0(0)
- Less non-R&D plants (so you need to allow R&D to become production)
- Overall making the player research even late '42 planes to get them on time.
-Reducing supply and HI production (while maintaining or increasing resource multiplier needs).
- Still testing a principle of prototyping (no arms) for my Options88 mod - which then can be used to further R&D on a real model / optioned models.
Besides that I am with you an Puhis when it comes down to that the bonus should be either removed or reduced by an order of magnitude,
this is a sensational modding solution! Well thought through. Thanks for posting!