Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mass shooting - a result of adverse reaction to drugs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Mass shooting - a result of adverse reaction to drugs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mass shooting - a result of adverse reaction to drugs? - 12/16/2012 7:21:33 AM   
Perturabo

All these mass shootings don't make sense. While they are usually decently planned, target choice doesn't make sense. It's very imprecise and random.

My theory about the shootings is that it's not caused by any stuff like games, etc.
Almost all these shootings are done by quiet smart guys who have low forehead and large, deep seated eyes (so, they may be genetically similar).
Their general characteristic suggest an INTP or INTJ personality type - in this case lower than average empathy is expected, because they are natural Thinkers, not Feelers - nothing to do with games.

Almost all if not all of the perpetrators were seeing psychiatrists and were on drugs. I don't recall any untreated dude like that going and committing mass murder.

I think the possible reasons for this may be that:
1. That type of person can have an adverse reaction to some drugs due to genetic reasons, which may cause them to go postal.
2. These drugs may remove some inhibitions to do things they would wish to do in real life (like asking out a girl, doing some other stuff their would normally be unable to do), but it makes them more likely to do stuff they shouldn't do, like for example getting a gun and killing people because they are angry about something.

I think the main reason for the increase of mass killings may be the increase of use of psychiatric drugs. Mainly those for treating horrible diseases like being unhappy, more lively than others or preferring having a hobby over getting drunk with a mob, etc.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.
Post #: 1
RE: Mass shooting - a result of adverse reaction to drugs? - 12/16/2012 7:45:06 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Almost all these shootings are done by quiet smart guys who have low forehead and large, deep seated eyes (so, they may be genetically similar).

warspite1

quote:

Almost all these shootings.... guys who have low forehead and large, deep seated eyes

Should I be worried here?

quote:

Almost all these shootings are done by quiet smart guys

No - I'm obviously not a mass shooter

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Mass shooting - a result of adverse reaction to drugs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI