Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 2:57:32 AM   
Harrybanana

I have previously posted that I thought strategic bombers were overpowered in the game. While I no longer believe that is the case, I do believe that there is a bug which causes tactical bombers (or at least the Rumanian Potez 63) to be overpowered while performing strategic bombing. I started a game against myself, disbanded the POV AA regiment in Kharkov and then played it until the Rumanian airforce was in range of Karkhov and it's T34 factories. I saved the game and then replayed the saved game 10 times, each time bombing the T34 factories twice each turn. With one attack I selected 78 level bombers (of course not all 78 necessarily flew the mission) and with the other attack I selected the 17 Potez 63s tactical bombers (though again not all 17 necessarily participated in the mission). On 7 of the 10 tests the Potez's (despite being outnumbered 4.6 to 1 by the level bombers and having a much smaller payload) caused more damage to the factories than the level bombers. Over the 10 tests the level bombers averaged 5.7% damage to the factories while the Potez's averaged 7.4%. I will send the saved game to Joel at 2by3.

Below is an example of one of the 10 tests. First up is the bombing attack by the level bombers causing 10% damage; a respectable amount.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 12/16/2012 3:00:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 2:59:11 AM   
Harrybanana

Now the attack by the Potez 63's (all 17 showed up) which caused 15% damage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 2
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 6:30:58 AM   
Helpless

Thanks, Bob. Can you also send a save you are using to make these attacks?

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

Post #: 3
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 7:14:42 AM   
morvael

Logic dictates that tactical bombers should have higher accuracy to their attack than level bombers, but maximum damage should depend only on bomb weight. Maybe they have a flat bonus or multiplier on their attack, that causes them to cause higher maximum damage than level bombers with the same load?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 4
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 9:48:25 AM   
Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Thanks, Bob. Can you also send a save you are using to make these attacks?

I already did Pavel. I sent it to 2by3@2by3games.com.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 12:40:22 PM   
elmo3

I have the file and will try to look at it later today.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 6
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/16/2012 3:25:24 PM   
Denniss

Should the tactical bomber/ground attack class be able to strat bomb at all ?

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 7
RE: Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers - 12/18/2012 8:35:38 AM   
morvael

The hotfix suggests something was improved in this regard. I wonder what was the problem with TacB? (from scientific viewpoint)

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Tactical Bombers overpowered as Strategic Bombers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI