Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sidebar issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Sidebar issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sidebar issue - 12/15/2012 8:46:04 PM   
blackcloud6

I just got CO: BftB this week. I installed the latest update. Today I am going through the tutorials and I noticed when I bring up the breifing tab the right most three or four letter of the words cannot be read as they run into the map. Some of the other tabs have this issue to. I also not that some text from the breifing tab stays visible underneath the new windows of the new tab slected. I don't know if it will affect game play. I read the other two recent threads on this problem and I tried changing the Internet Explorer settings as suggested. I made sure the font was set to 96 DPI with the XP setting off and made sute the game manual abobe settings were as suggested. None of this worked. I tried all the avaialbe resolution settings, and I tried different Windows themes, none of this solves it.

I am runing Windows Vista Home Premium on the HP Pavalion 9000. It has a Nvidia onboard card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in adavnce.
Post #: 1
RE: Sidebar issue - 12/24/2012 12:16:25 AM   
altipueri

I just got the game today - and I have the same issue. Text runs off the sidebar.

I've tried installing on a Windows 7 Acer laptop; and a HP Windows 8 laptop; using HP 2311x external monitor. Same on both.

< Message edited by altipueri -- 12/24/2012 12:17:30 AM >

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Sidebar issue - 12/24/2012 12:42:19 AM   
Arjuna

Have you ensured that the text font size for your system is set to 100%. On a Win 7 system that means choosing the "Smallest" setting from the Display control Panel.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 3
RE: Sidebar issue - 12/24/2012 3:19:30 AM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Have you ensured that the text font size for your system is set to 100%. On a Win 7 system that means choosing the "Smallest" setting from the Display control Panel.

Yes, I have done this on my Vista machine. It did not fix it.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: Sidebar issue - 12/24/2012 9:02:26 AM   
altipueri

It worked for me thanks.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 5
RE: Sidebar issue - 1/28/2013 1:31:37 AM   
tanker1977

Will there be an official fix to this issue? I have tried every fix/suggestion on all the different threads addressing this issue and no luck. My system's specs have already addressed by others (windows 7, Nvidia card etc., all the latest drivers)

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 6
RE: Sidebar issue - 2/4/2013 1:41:51 AM   
tanker1977

Shall I assume that the lack of response is a NO? A reply to the negative would have worked as well.

(in reply to tanker1977)
Post #: 7
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/3/2013 7:19:17 PM   
mantrain

Apparently they don't give a damn that we paid good money for a game and it is defective. I even updated to latest version and no fix. I will never buy from Matirx Games again.

(in reply to tanker1977)
Post #: 8
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/5/2013 12:59:20 PM   
rrbill

Using Acer w/Win7 and have set up w/100% as font size. Some text still doesn't fit, but its a trivial issue. The game plays just fine and there are no significant user issues for me. Consider the game cost to be minor compared to value of product.

Bye-bye mantrain... tanker1977, close the door behind you if you wish.

Build a better product/game for the Ardennes campaign w/continuous play, prove it, and I'll buy it from you @ dollar less than current price of BftB.

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 9
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/5/2013 3:30:23 PM   
phoenix

That they couldn't care less couldn't be further from the truth. Service in here is unparelled. Might take a bit longer to get a response than for a blockbuster game, though. Small teams, both at Matrix and at Panther. Small and dedicated though. The game itself is superb, and still developing. If you're patient I'm sure you will grow to love it, and find Panther's attitude second to none. Honest.

< Message edited by phoenix -- 3/5/2013 3:31:17 PM >

(in reply to rrbill)
Post #: 10
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/5/2013 10:22:50 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanker1977

Will there be an official fix to this issue? I have tried every fix/suggestion on all the different threads addressing this issue and no luck. My system's specs have already addressed by others (windows 7, Nvidia card etc., all the latest drivers)

Send me a DxDiag report ( see how here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026705 ) and I'll see if we have something similar here to see if we can recreate the problem. BTW AFAIK we have solved this issue for every customer who has raised it here.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to tanker1977)
Post #: 11
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/8/2013 9:27:48 PM   
tanker1977

Attached,

Thanks,

Bill

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 12
RE: Sidebar issue - 3/8/2013 9:33:50 PM   
Arjuna

Bill, got your DX Diag report thank you. Looks OK at first pass but I'll look into this again on Tuesday (its a long weekend here). I want to do some research on the DPI Scaling which is disabled on your machine. I'll be back.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to tanker1977)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Sidebar issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI