Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign XML

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Campaign XML Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign XML - 12/15/2012 3:55:30 PM   
junk2drive

I tried taking Jamm's linked firefights and making a campaign with the tags from 1.12

◾GetPiecesFromCampaignName - name of scenario from which to import pieces (from the XML name tag, not the file name)

◾CampaignGainExperienceFactor - multiplies the chance that units moving to a new firefight will gain experience (e.g., setting this to 2 will make green units have a 100% chance to gain experience, veteran units a 20% chance to become elite)

At the bottom of the second and third battle xml, above scenario like this (tab spacing doesn't show in this forum)

ScenarioVersion>0</ScenarioVersion>
<GetPiecesFromCampaignName>High Ground</GetPiecesFromCampaignName>
<CampaignGainExperienceFactor>2</CampaignGainExperienceFactor>
</Scenario>

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign XML - 12/15/2012 3:59:16 PM   
junk2drive

I put the files in the Documents WCS folder and played the first battle. On the last round I clicked pass all to end the battle and had CTD with this error

Attachment (1)

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign XML - 12/16/2012 10:39:59 PM   
ericbabe

Is the name attribute of your scenario XML file set to something with an invalid character, or is it blank? This would probably cause the problem you're seeing.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign XML - 12/16/2012 10:58:29 PM   
junk2drive

The names were different than the xml name. I'll edit things and let you know.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign XML - 12/16/2012 11:52:38 PM   
junk2drive

I added nothing to High Ground, added the tag for High Ground to Right Flank, and added tag for Right Flank to Tip of the Spear.

I played High Ground and it ended with a victory screen and main menu choice.

I started Right Flank but High Ground appeared unless I clicked the wrong one. I thought I had to play it as part of Right Flank so I played it through again. Another victory screen and back to main menu.

Last I started Tip of the Spear. It is a point buy scenario so not a good choice for testing campaigns. I purchased some units and start. I get a popup that this is part of a campaign and that I should play Right Flank first.

Do I need to add something to the first scenario xml?

Do the scenarios need to be in a different folder?

I expected to end a battle and go right into the next.

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 12/16/2012 11:59:40 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign XML - 12/20/2012 3:04:24 PM   
ericbabe

The scenarios don't automatically flow one into the other. You play the first one; it records your surviving units in a file; you play the second scenario; it looks up those units in the file and gives them to you to place during the point-buy phase. You do have to have point-buy zones set up in the second scenario for this to work. If you'd like to zip up for firefights and maps and either post them here or email them to me, I'd be happy to look them over.

You don't need to add anything to the first scenario xml, other than to make sure that the name attribute is set.

The scenarios can be in the same folder.

There are many features we'd like to add to the campaign mode to make them easier to use, and something that would prompt you to jump immediately to the next firefight in the campaign upon finishing one stage of it would be a very good thing to add. But we don't have anything like that right now.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign XML - 12/21/2012 1:33:11 AM   
junk2drive

Ok so in addition to adding the two tags to the second and subsequent xmls they also have to be point buy scenarios?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
RE: Campaign XML - 12/21/2012 4:18:51 PM   
ericbabe

The units that carry-over to the new scenario enter that scenario in the zone you have designated as the point-buy entry zone. So you need to have this region defined for any player that might have units carrying over between firefights. You don't actually have to have any actual point-buy units specified though.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Campaign XML Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI