Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/3/2013 7:59:34 AM   
warspite1

Turn 54 – 6th July 1916

Germany, Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria

Germany

The pull-back continues. I need to trade space for time – but unlike the Russians, I simply do not have the space..

Italy

Nothing happening here again..

The Balkans

The Austrian 3rd Army kills off the Romanian north of Constanta, allowing the Bulgarian 1st, and 6th Armies to take the port itself. To the north, a mixed force of Germans, Austrians and Bulgarians begin the process of surrounding the remaining Romanians around Iasi.

Turkey and Bulgaria

Still the British do not attack in Beirut – Damascus?? What has Colberki got up his sleeve? Anyway, I can’t be worried about what may be happening – I have plenty to worry about for real…

Firstly I get rid of the pesky British Cavalry. That is handy – I need those Garrisons elsewhere. Then I turn my attention to Adana, where the newly arrived Turkish 20th Army sends the Italian unit to oblivion. This is handy; I can start to send these units to where they will be more usefully employed.

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 91
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/3/2013 8:41:39 PM   
devoncop

Would it not be quicker to disband your Eastern troops and reform them in the West?

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 92
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/3/2013 9:08:39 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Would it not be quicker to disband your Eastern troops and reform them in the West?
warspite1

I have lost every PBEM game I've played (and I've played a lot!) except one (my opponent conceded today - Hussah!). I suspect that that is a combination of, primarily, being a rubbish wargamer, but also I refused to do gamey things. That is a personal choice - not a criticism of those who do.

I must admit though that having played this particular game for so long, and having forced a revolution in Russia, when I saw that the Americans are close to coming in, I went back on that decision. From a couple of turns ago - way too late for a sensible wargamer I know - I have actually begun disbanding those troops thousands of miles away.

The decision not to disband may have cost me the game but there you go - each to their own.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 93
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/3/2013 9:36:27 PM   
devoncop

Total respect for your reasoning.I am playing Colberki in MP at moment as CP and he is a top player in my opinion. As such,given the Entente huge artillery advantage we give ourselves a big task avoiding disbandment, but I am with you re it being gamey. For the same reason I dont Naval bombard Petrograd.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 94
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/3/2013 9:42:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Total respect for your reasoning.I am playing Colberki in MP at moment as CP and he is a top player in my opinion. As such,given the Entente huge artillery advantage we give ourselves a big task avoiding disbandment, but I am with you re it being gamey. For the same reason I dont Naval bombard Petrograd.
warspite1

Yes, agreed Colberki is a very good player and he moves the game along at a good pace, which is always good

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 95
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/4/2013 6:38:25 PM   
warspite1

Hello Colberki - come to get some intel?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 96
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/5/2013 7:34:38 PM   
warspite1

Turn 55 – 20th July 1916

Germany

I am not sure where the Allied Fleets are and take a gamble – Scheer and the High Seas Fleet sail into the Heligoland Bight and attack – and almost destroy – a British Cruiser. I guess I am about to find out where the rest of their ships are!

Not a moment too soon, some of my troops from Russia are at last starting to get to the Western Front…. Brussels has been taken back by the Entente, but I manage to destroy a French Infantry southwest of Liege using 16th and 18th Armies.

Italy

I have to do some shuffling of the front due to a successful enemy Artillery strike, but otherwise this front remains a stalemate.

The Balkans

I send my Bulgarian Infantry north to try and deal with the last three Romanian units, while to the south, fighting still rages in Serbia – the Italian Garrison on half-supply is still there.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British finish off my Garrison in Tabuk. Maybe they are waiting for those troops before attacking at Beirut-Damascus?? Anyway, fresh on the heels of successfully destroying the British Cavalry, I send my two Garrisons toward Baghdad.

I continue to move units in Russia and the Caucasus toward the Turkish homeland.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/5/2013 7:43:38 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 97
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/5/2013 7:38:32 PM   
warspite1

With the Picture of Germany from Turn 55 - don't know why it is not showing up in the above post??

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/5/2013 7:42:36 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 98
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/12/2013 7:32:36 AM   
warspite1

Turn 56 – 3rd August 1916

Mmm… there was no response to the High Seas Fleet in the Heligoland Bight. The Royal Navy are clearly up to something elsewhere…. Where though? Holland? The Balkans? Turkey?

Germany

Troops continue to pour back from the Eastern Front but it takes forever..did I mention that already?
I straighten my line by pulling back further. This reduces the frontage by one hex only and means I have to give up Liege, but also gives further time for reinforcements.

The Balkans

I launch a futile, and costly, attack against the Romanian Infantry south of Iasi. This will be a tough nut to crack. I need the German 2nd Artillery (currently east of Lemburg) before resuming the offensive.

The Tirana Garrison stubbornly continues to resist – but is now down to a 2-strength.

Italy

Nothing happening here.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British continue with a holding action at Beirut Damascus – an Artillery barrage against the Bulgarian 3rd Infantry being the sole effort this turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/12/2013 3:40:00 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 99
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/12/2013 7:34:43 AM   
warspite1

Its done it again

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 100
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/12/2013 10:02:10 PM   
warspite1

Turn 57 - 17th August 1916

Where are the British?!?!?

Germany

I pull back once more.

Italy

I continue to get pounded by the Italian Artillery and so take a pot shot at the Italian Infantry south of Trento.

The Balkans

Nothing happening in Romania other than repairing units, but the pesky Italian in Albania finally falls to the Austrian 4th Army.

Turkey and Bulgaria

…and still he waits. I spot a British Garrison being moved up, but otherwise no activity in the Beirut-Damascus sector….

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 101
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/12/2013 10:03:42 PM   
warspite1

Turn 58 – 31st August 1916

No sign of the British still – they are obviously amassing in force somewhere…

Germany

I attack a French Infantry southeast of Liege – and suffer counter battery fire in the process. However, 25th and 30th Armies at least hurt the Infantry, reducing it to a 3-strength.

Italy

Nothing to report.

The Balkans

I continue to repair units while my German Artillery gets into position.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The long awaited offence in the Middle East gets under way. The Bulgarian 3rd Army gets a taste for British steel and is reduced to a 5-strength I replace him in the line by the Turkish 20th Army and bring up Izzet Pasha’s 2nd Army on the left flank to give the British something else to attack.

Meanwhile, Khalil Pasha is almost at Aleppo – although he will be knackered when he gets there…

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 102
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/12/2013 10:06:05 PM   
warspite1

Turn 59 – 14th September 1916

…and still no British! Where are they? The longer this goes on the more concerned I am. They are going to land in strength somewhere…

Germany

Using 4th and 5th Artillery and the 16th, 18th and 25th Armies, I attack a couple of French Infantry east of Liege, reducing both to 2-strength (rather going for the destruction of one).

Italy

I try one, ineffective artillery attack on the northern most Italian Infantry – to no effect.

The Balkans

2nd Artillery finally arrives northwest of Iasi. I pound the Romanian city and then destroy the army there using a combination of Romanian and Austrian Infantry. Two more enemy units to destroy and I can then release these troops to the west.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The action around Damascus is getting too hot to handle. I am running out of troops and have lost the ability to swap to keep the front line fresh and at full strength….

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 103
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/13/2013 4:23:08 PM   
warspite1

Turn 60 – 28th September 1916

…and still no British! Where are they? The longer this goes on the more concerned I am. They are going to land in strength somewhere…

Germany

Holy %^&*! I think I know where the British are… I have just been attacked by fighters, bombers and all sorts…
The brunt of the attack was borne by Von Hindenburg’s 18th Army. However, the unit held on – the first time I think I’ve actually stopped an attack for ages…unfortunately I will not be able to deal with that fire power for long.

For this turn I can only launch one attack and reduce a French Infantry northeast of Liege to a 1-strength using 8th and 11th Armies.

Italy

Nothing to report.

The Balkans

The last of the Romanians are now out of the war. The plan is to get Austrian and German units to Germany asap, while the Bulgarians need to go to Turkey.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British attack the Turkish 2nd Infantry in Damascus The unit holds on and I swap with the Bulgarian 3rd Army.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 104
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/13/2013 10:45:22 PM   
british exil

Interesting game. I'm not dure how I stumbeled onto it, but I am following your AAR.

Keep hanging in there.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 105
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/14/2013 8:38:36 PM   
warspite1

Thanks mate - it's not easy - colberki is a good player....

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 106
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/14/2013 8:40:25 PM   
warspite1

Turn 61 – 12th October 1916

Germany

7th Army, defending southwest of Frankfurt takes a right pasting, but hangs on with 1-strength point left. The 5th Strassburg Garrison, defending that city, is also lucky to survive…

Italy

The Austrian 10th Army gets splattered by the Italian Artillery, but also hangs on.

Turkey and Bulgaria

Khalil Pasha’s 5th Army, having come all the way from southern Russia, rests up northeast of Beirut – and gets beaten up by the French navy for its trouble. Surely the French must be in Ammo trouble by now????

Meanwhile, the Bulgarian 3rd Army takes one for the team and swaps with 20th Army which takes over in Damascus.

I detect movement by a couple of British Garrisons east of Jerusalem. Perhaps another outflanking manoeuvre is on the cards? I move the 1st Damascus and 4th Basra Garrisons southwest to counter. The Bulgarian 6th Infantry rails to Aleppo.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 107
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/14/2013 8:43:06 PM   
warspite1

Turn 62 – 26th October 1916

I check the US entry status – apparently they are resentful and the indicator is on red…. That’s not very good is it boys and girls?

Germany

A relatively quiet turn – I assume the French are replenishing ammo or units. However in northern Germany, an amphibious invasion is being attempted northwest of Wilhelmshaven. Unfortunately for the Allies, that is where Scheer’s battlefleet are hanging out. A combination of Battleships and submarines sees the would-be attackers destroyed. Huzzah!!

Italy

All remains quiet on the Italian Front.

Turkey and Bulgaria

There were no attacks this turn, but the intentions of the British and their Garrisons become clearer. They are both moving onto my left flank.

I want to rail the Bulgarian 6th Army from Aleppo to Beirut, but if I do I will get attacked by the French and Italian Battlewagons waiting offshore. I decide to take the road instead – although it will take much longer…

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 108
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/14/2013 9:29:09 PM   
Orm

quote:

I check the US entry status – apparently they are resentful and the indicator is on red…. That’s not very good is it boys and girls?

That is good for the Central Powers. The red color means that US count down towards war is halted. But beware that some actions by the Central Powers can still annoy USA and cause them to enter the war.

If you play nice US will stay out of this petty conflict.

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 109
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/14/2013 9:37:57 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

That is good for the Central Powers. The red color means that US count down towards war is halted. But beware that some actions by the Central Powers can still annoy USA and cause them to enter the war.

If you play nice US will stay out of this petty conflict.
warspite1

I have purposely done that - I haven't invaded Holland or, well... anywhere really. I haven't sunk a British or French convoy - to my knowledge - either. I assumed red was bad and it was only a matter of time before the US of A got angry enough to enter the fray. Oh well, that's good news then isn't it boys and girls Let's hope it stays that way...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 110
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/15/2013 8:21:28 PM   
Myrddraal

If the number of turns to entry is red, that means progress is halted. If the bar in the diplomacy panel is red, that just means they don't like you.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 111
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/15/2013 11:51:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

If the number of turns to entry is red, that means progress is halted. If the bar in the diplomacy panel is red, that just means they don't like you.
warspite1

So Orm was talking a load of Sloblocks in order to lull me into a false sense of security thanks Orm

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 112
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 8:42:04 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

So Orm was talking a load of Sloblocks in order to lull me into a false sense of security thanks Orm

You are welcome.

If you do not have a countdown to US entry then it is my understanding that is even better. As long as you play nice US will not interfere in such a tiny European conflict.

Edit: But beware that I am often known to be talking a load of Sloblocks.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/16/2013 8:44:35 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 113
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 8:47:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Edit: But beware that I am often known to be talking a load of Sloblocks.
warspite1

Do you recall the comedy show that that came from?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 114
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 8:52:43 PM   
Orm

No. If I had recalled it I would tried to have that included in my answer.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 115
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 9:05:23 PM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Don't know if you have the program "Countdown" over in Sweden, but this clip probably won't be as funny if you haven't seen that program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X1cKMKcHmg

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 116
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 9:26:45 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Don't know if you have the program "Countdown" over in Sweden, but this clip probably won't be as funny if you haven't seen that program.

Hilarious.

I do not recall such a show as "Countdown" but I still find it awesome.

But what I find truly sad is that A Bit of Fry and Laurie has never been shown on Swedish TV. And DVD is not available for sale in Sweden either.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 117
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 9:28:11 PM   
parusski

quote:

HA. That is easy to understand.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 118
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/16/2013 9:29:57 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Hilarious.

I do not recall such a show as "Countdown" but I still find it awesome.

But what I find truly sad is that A Bit of Fry and Laurie has never been shown on Swedish TV. And DVD is not available for sale in Sweden either.

You can watch ABoF&L on youtube.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 119
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 1/19/2013 11:23:20 AM   
warspite1

Turn 63 – 9th November 1916

Oohh err missus – we have the world’s first dogfight…. I lost…..

Germany

More of the same from the French, and so I shuffle my units around to get the best chance of holding on. The only attack I launch is at the extreme north end of the line where I just fail to destroy a Belgian Infantry.

Italy

Nothing happening here other than the usual Infantry attack.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British changed tack and went for a flank attack on Damascus which has wiped out 20th Army…
Whoops – clicked on 2nd Army and forgot to unclick before looking at the British unit next door.. that’s 2nd Army finished…. I have no choice but to retreat toward Aleppo… It looks grim for the Turks now.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI