Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:42:51 AM   
warspite1

Turn 20 – 18th March 1915

Austria-Hungary

Serbia

I move units into place for the attack(s) to follow against Cetinje.

I build a Garrison.

Germany

Germany

I destroy the Garrison that landed in northern Germany. The fleet heads back to the Baltic, less the Battle Squadron that bombarded the coast earlier.

East Prussia

I attack – and force to retreat – a Garrison.

France

I attack – and force to withdraw – the British Garrison on the coast south of Rouen. Otherwise it’s a very Quiet sector this turn.

Austria-Hungary and Germany

What a mess! I bring forward the 2nd Artillery Army in order to bombard Warsaw next turn. Unfortunately the Russians have almost formed a line along the Bug which I was desperate to avoid… I attack the Railroad unit and force this to withdraw northeast of Warsaw with just 1-point remaining.

Turkey

I move 5th Infantry Army toward Sarikamish.

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 31
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:43:50 AM   
warspite1

Turn 20 – 18th March 1915 (Cont)

...and the Russian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:51:00 AM   
warspite1

Turn 21 – 1st April 1915

Austria-Hungary

Serbia

Units are in position to attack Cetinje next turn.

Italy

I begin the fortification of the border by railroading 4th Army to Trieste.

Germany

East Prussia

I am down to my last two Garrisons in East Prussia. I dare not attack.

France

I attack – and force to retreat the British Garrison on the coast. Otherwise, there is little for me to do. The French and British are getting stronger and stronger.

I place an Infantry near the Ruhr for service in France.

I place a Garrison outside Lemburg.

A mixed Austrian/German force take Warsaw, leaving my Artillery free to get in position to attack the Russian Infantry 2 hexes northeast of Warsaw.

Turkey

Egypt

The 1st Infantry in Gaza is almost destroyed. However I swap with the 2nd Infantry and attack in conjunction with the 1st Cavalry Army and the 6th (Jeruselem) Garrison. My Garrison is almost certainly finished as I advanced in order to kill off a British Infantry – only for him to retreat!!

Russia

I attack the Garrison in Sarikamish using 3rd and 5th Infantry Armies + the 2nd Erzurum Garrison. I reduce the Garrison to a 7.

Turn 22 – 15th April 1915

Austria-Hungary

Incredible – one artillery, three Infantry and two Garrisons attack Cetinje…I score 2 hits!!!!

Germany

In France I destroy a British Garrison and maul the French Garrison next door along the coast south of Rouen.

Turkey

Sure enough my Garrison was destroyed. I attack a British Garrison with 4th Infantry, 1st Cavalry and the Aqaba Garrison, but he remains intact with a strength of 3. In the north my Erzurum Garrison marches on Tiflis.

Turn 23 – 29th April 1915

Austria-Hungary

Serbia

The situation in Cetinje is not good. Out of artillery shells I attack with three Infantry and Two Garrisons – same result. I can only reduce the Serb Garrison by 2-points. I need these units on the Italian border!!

Italy

I place the newly arrived 10th Infantry Army outside Trieste as part of the build up against Italy.

Germany

Baltic

My convoy is about to be splattered by a British submarine. I send the fleet to help if they can.

France

German Infantry on the coast destroyed by a combined French / British air land and sea attack.

I try and gain some measure of revenge, attacking the British Infantry south of Rouen with 2nd and 16th Armies. They reduce the British unit to a 5-strength.

In order to keep the pressure on, I also attack the exposed French Infantry two hexes northeast of Paris. 3rd, 5th and 9th Armies reduce the French unit to a 4.

My forces are becoming stretched and so I build two Garrisons.

Italy

I place the 17th Infantry Army reinforcement south of Stuttgart ready to advance south to the Italian border.
I need to repair some units on the Eastern Front but I cannot be unprepared for Italy’s intervention and so end the turn purchasing a Garrison instead.

Russia and East Prussia

1st (Hamburg) Garrison and 15th Army attack the Garrison on half supply in Danzig. He will take a bit of shifting. In desperation I divert the Austrian 8th Infantry Army to help out; result – Danzig Garrison is now down to three.

In the east, three Austrian Garrisons have advanced as far as Vinnytsia and Kiev. There are Russian Garrisons in both and so I head back west with 3rd (Lemburg) Garrison toward Vinnytsia to join the other two units and avoid being cut-off.

Turkey

In the Caucasus I advance with 2nd Erzurum Garrison to the outskirts of Tiflis, while further south, 3rd and 5th Armies reduce the defending Garrison in Sarikamish to a 6-strength.

In Egypt I take my heart in my mouth and advance with 4th Army in order to attack a British Garrison I know has retreated into the hex two hexes south of Gaza. I reduce it to a 3.

I repair my 2nd Infantry in Gaza and 1st Cavalry southeast of the city and end the Turkish turn.

I research and focus on the Infantry Grenade.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:52:47 AM   
warspite1

....and some screenies on all fronts at the end of turn 23.

The Caucasus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:53:24 AM   
warspite1

The Egyptian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 35
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:54:06 AM   
warspite1

The Western Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 36
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 5:54:41 AM   
warspite1

The Eastern Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 37
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 1:31:09 PM   
warspite1

Turn 24 – 13th May 1915

Austria-Hungary

Serbia

I am losing the will to live with the Garrison in Cetinje. It is impervious to attack!! I cannot waste any more time on this and move 6th Infantry toward the nearest railhead for onward transmission to Italy or Russia. I do the same with the 2nd (Temeschburg Garrison).

Germany

Baltic

My sub takes a 2-1 exchange with the British sub that has attacked my convoy.

Germany
I place two Garrisons in the north of Germany as I detect enemy cruiser and transport presence..

France

I reduce a French Infantry northeast of Paris using 3rd, 5th and 9th Armies. I cannot move into the gap to finish him off however. That finishes my turn here.

Italy

The German 17th Infantry Army arrive in Trento.

I place the 1st (Zagreb) Garrison west of the city.

Russia and East Prussia

The Austrian/German attack on Danzig succeeds, freeing up the German 15th Army for service further east.

I complete the surrounding of Vinnytsia with my three Austrian Garrisons.

Turkey

In the Caucasus the Sarikamish fighting continues, while the 2nd Erzurum Garrison marches boldly into Tiflis.

In Egypt Gaza is coming under intense pressure but I take a chance and attack the British Garrison to the south of the city using 1st and 4th Armies and 1st Cavalry Army. The British unit holds with strength reduced to 4.

Turn 25 – 27th May 1915

Austria-Hungary

I leave a screening force around Cetinje and move other units to railheads.

Germany

In Germany itself, sure enough a British Garrison lands northwest of Wilhelmshaven where he is set upon by the 2nd Garrison Army and the 1st (Wilhelmshaven Garrison).

France

A retreat is on the cards here. I attack a French Infantry north west of Paris with artillery, aircraft and three armies, but lose heavily. The counter-attack will be painful.

The German and Austrian 7th Armies, along with the German 15th Army, attack a Russian Garrison on the East Prussian border. The Russian holds on – although is reduced to 1-strength. I send the Austrian 8th Army by rail to Lemberg with a view to helping out the Garrisons attacking Vinnytsia.

Turkey

Gaza falls. I will now need to retreat…and quickly.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 38
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 1:32:11 PM   
warspite1

And some screenies post Turn 25

France and Germany

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 1:32:50 PM   
warspite1

...and the Russian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 40
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 6:51:22 PM   
Myrddraal

Interesting developments... I can see why you must be itching to get out of Serbia.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 41
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 7:02:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

Interesting developments... I can see why you must be itching to get out of Serbia.
warspite1

I can't post too much yet, but we are on Turn 42 - and believe me - things get a whole lot more interesting on the Serbian, Russian, French and Turkish Fronts!!

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/24/2012 7:03:10 PM >

(in reply to Myrddraal)
Post #: 42
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 8:40:03 PM   
JeffK

I was wondering if it was time to pull back a bit in France to the Somme, I count 5 units in an area which could be held by 2 units behind the river.

? Time to hold in France and sort out other areas ?

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 43
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 8:53:22 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

I was wondering if it was time to pull back a bit in France to the Somme, I count 5 units in an area which could be held by 2 units behind the river.

? Time to hold in France and sort out other areas ?
warspite1

Funny you should say that....stick around for the next few posts (to be submitted as Colberki and I go beyond the current Turn 42)

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 44
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 9:06:46 PM   
warspite1

Oh what the hell - I'll post up to Turn 30 which is when the next set of screenies arrive.

Turn 26 – 10th June 1915

Austria-Hungary

The Italians have not arrived – probably next turn – so I continue to reinforce the Austro-Italian front.

I build a Garrison.

Germany

In northern Germany I reduce the British Garrison to 4-strength.

I build a Garrison.

France

I attack a British unit on the coast south of Rouen with Von Hindenburg, losing 3-0…..I think von Hindenburg will be toast next turn as a result.

I attack the Russian half-supply unit in Vinnytsia and lose 3-strength points for no gain at all. 8th Infantry is almost at the scene.

Turkey

I cease attacking around Sarikamish as the attacks are proving too costly, while further south, I try and make a stand around Jerusalem.

Turn 27 – 24th June 1915

Italy

The Italians are in the war. I have the 1st Artillery and 4th and 10th Austrian Armies getting into position, while in the north, 17th Army is joined by the depleted 1st (Hamburg) Garrison.

Russia

The Garrison in Vinnytsia is down to a 2-strength. I am worried about these units being out-flanked so I place the 3rd (Lemburg) Garrison east of the city to assist – and also withdraw the German 10th Army and Austrian Krakow Garrison to plug the gap in the Pripet Marshes.

Germany

France

I make a mistake and leave a depleted unit in an exposed position. That could be costly…

Germany

The British Garrison remains on the beaches close to the Dutch border. However it is now down to 2-strength.

Turkey

Not much happening here – no doubt the British are building for an attack on Aqaba imminently.

Turn 28 – 8th July 1915

Germany and Austria-Hungary

France

The French front is becoming more and more thinly populated. Whole armies are being wiped out in a turn. The Germans need to pull back behind the Somme – they have simply run out of units.

Italy

Thanks to the Austrian 1st Artillery Army, the Austrians destroy an Italian Infantry Army and have almost formed a solid line from Trieste to Trento.

Russia

Vinnytsia falls to the Austrians at last. A Russian Garrison arrived from Kiev to try and save the city but too late.

I continue south with 10th Infantry and the Krakow Garrison.

Germany

The British Garrison in northern Germany is sent packing at last.

I place the newly arrived 18th Army west of the Ruhr and a Garrison in Danzig.

Turkey

The attack on Aqaba finally came, while other forces head north to Jerusalem. I attack a British Garrison south of Jeruselem and force it to retreat. In the Caucasus I move 5th Infantry toward Tiflis.

I buy a Garrison.

Turn 29 – 22nd July 1915

France

The German unit in Rouen is destroyed, but my counter-attack with 3rd, 5th and 9th Armies, an Artillery Army and an aircraft fails to record the same result – the French Infantry survives with 3-strength.

I move 18th Infantry to south of Calais – I think he will be needed imminently….

Italy

My Austrian Garrison two hexes southwest of Trento got destroyed also. The Austrian counter-attacks are a failure, and 10th Infantry is in real trouble in that same hex.

Russia

While stalemate reigns on the majority of the front, my units around Vinnytsia push on toward Kiev, surrounding Russian Garrison in the process. I rail the German 1st Danzig Garrison to Lemberg to reinforce this opening.
I build a German Garrison.

Turkey

On the Egyptian border, Aqaba is reduced to a 4-strength. Around Jeruselem I attack an exposed British Infantry with 2nd, 4th and 1st Cavalry Armies, reducing the British to a 4-strength.

In the Causcasus 5th Infantry, halfway between Sarikamish and Tiflis, turn east to try and cut-off the Russian Garrison.

Turn 30 – 5th August 1915

The fleet enters the Gulf of Bothnia to assist safe passage of the latest convoy. A battle breaks out between my cruiser, sub and a British sub, resulting in 3-2 in the British favour.

Russia

I rail the Danzig Garrison to Vinnytsia to Garrison that city in case Russian troops appear from Chisnau or Odessa. Unfortunately the Russian Garrison east of the city has put himself back in supply as he heads for Kiev.

The Austrian 3rd Lemburg Garrison beats the Russian to the city, while the other units in this ad-hoc Army Group make a better job of surrounding it this time. I am usure whether to attack now or wait a turn and make use of the supply situation. Fearing reinforcements from Gomel, Chisnau or Dnepropetrovsk, I go on the attack. The Russian is destroyed. Finally I rail the 2nd Garrison Army from Wilhelmshaven to Warsaw.

I place the newly arrived 2nd Breslau Garrison outside the city for railroading to Vinnytsia in due course.

France

I attack two French units east of Paris, weakening both, but otherwise adopt a defensive posture.

Italy

I have little choice but to assume the defensive, while bringing my Austrian Artillery into position for an attack next turn.

Turkey

I almost complete the surrounding of Sarikamish.

On the Egyptian border I accept there is nothing I can do for the troops in Aqaba and repair my units around Jerusalem.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 9:09:53 PM   
warspite1

First of two: Here is the Egyptian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 46
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/24/2012 9:10:47 PM   
warspite1

...and the Russian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 47
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/25/2012 2:24:15 PM   
warspite1

Turn 31 – 19th August 1915

Russia

I continue east with the newly designated Army Group Ukraine. The 1st Danzig Garrison heads south toward Chisnau and 2nd Breslau Garrison and 2nd Garrison Armies are railed into Vinnytsia. Keeping the 1st Krakow Garrison at Kiev, the remaining troops head north for Gomel where they come across a Garrison in the city.

On the East Prussian border I launch an assault against a Russian Garrison using the German 7th and 15th Armies and the Austrian 7th. This is preceded by an Artillery barrage, but the Russian unit is only reduced to a 4-strength.

France

This turn I simply repair units.

Italy

I do the same here too.

Serbia

The British and French land in Albania!! That’s unwelcome…. God I need the Bulgarians in now! All I can do for the moment is move 3rd Army south.

Turkey

5th Infantry cuts off the Russian Garrison in Sarikamish and heads for Baku.

Aqaba falls and my units in Jeruselem await the onslaught to come.

Turn 32 – 2nd September 1915

Germany

A British Garrison lands at the mouth of the Kiel Canal! I attack with the 2nd Hamburg Garrison and rail the Wilhelmshaven Garrison west of Kiel.

Serbia

In Serbia there are at least three enemy units that have landed, and the lead unit gets to Tirana before my 3rd Army. I attack, inflicting a reduction in strength to 7-points, but this is sticking plaster..I need the Bulgarians!!!

Russia

My 1st Danzig Garrison takes Chisnau and 2nd Garrison Army heads for Odessa. 1st Krakow Garrison holds Kiev while the 2nd Lemburg Garrison heads for Dnepropetrovsk. Further north, the remaining units of Army Group Ukraine move to attack Gomel, reducing the Garrison there to a 6. I cannot put it out of supply however.

Italy

I attack the northern most Italian Infantry southeast of Trento and reduce it to a 3-strength.

I build a Garrison.

Turkey

The British send two Armies to Jeruselem and no doubt an Artillery is on its way. I hold my entrenched positions for the moment.

In the Caucasus I attack the Russian Garrison on half supply, but to no effect. 5th Infantry continues on his way toward Baku.

I build a Garrison.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/25/2012 2:25:47 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 48
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/25/2012 2:27:09 PM   
warspite1

And a couple of screenies of Turn 32

Firstly Serbia and Italy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 49
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/25/2012 2:27:52 PM   
warspite1

..and secondly its the Russian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 50
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/26/2012 7:18:50 AM   
warspite1

Turn 33 – 16th September 1915

Italy

The Italians retreat to form a solid line from south of Trento to Venice. However the German 17th and Austrian 10th Armies destroy the weakened Italian Infantry. With this movement forward I feel a little more comfortable in railing 4th Army to northwest of Skopje.

Serbia

3rd Army attack and reduce the British Garrison in Tirana to a 5.

Germany

The exchange of fire between Garrisons north of Hamburg continues… I place the newly arrived 2nd Wilhelmshaven Garrison in that city in case of further landings.

France

I admit defeat and retreat my German Army behind the Somme… not good but I am running out of units.

Russia

I cannot help but feel Colberki has a nasty surprise in store for Army Group Ukraine, it’s like I am being led into a trap. Both Chisnau and Odessa fall to the advancing German Garrisons, while 2nd Lemburg Garrison halts just outside an unoccupied Dnepropetrovsk. Where are the Russians?
Further north, the bulk of the Army Group take Gomel

Turkey

The 3rd Infantry attacks Sarikamish, reducing the Garrison by 1-point, while 5th Army almost reach Baku.
Further south I attack a British Infantry south of Jerusalem, forcing it to retreat, although 1st Cavalry and 2nd Infantry take some damage in achieving this.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 51
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/26/2012 7:19:32 AM   
warspite1

..and the Russian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 52
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/26/2012 7:22:52 AM   
warspite1

Turn 34 – 30th September 1915

Serbia

The Allies are really putting the pressure on in Serbia. My attack on Tirana comes to a halt as I have to turn my attention to a British Infantry coming up on 3rd Army’s left flank.

Germany

I reduce the British Garrison north of Hamburg to a 2-strength.

Russia

Operation Shoestring – aka the wanderings of Army Group Ukraine continues. The 2nd Lemburg Garrison takes Dnepropetrovsk and I move 1st Danzig Garrison toward the Crimea. The main Army group probes north from Gomel and comes across a dug-in Russian Garrison. I will attempt to surround this unit before even considering an attack.

France

I attack, and force to retreat, a French Infantry Army using 5th and 16th Armies.

Italy

Italy is a damp squib as my Austrian Artillery fails to land a single hit on the exposed Italian Garrison southeast of Trento.

Turkey

Baku falls to 5th Army, and Sarikamish is further reduced.

However, Jerusalem falls with the destruction of 1st Cavalry Army and my few remaining forces are once more in full retreat…

Turn 35 – 14th October 1915

Germany

In northern Germany, three Garrisons attack the weak British Garrison but still cannot get rid of him!

Serbia

The two Austrian Infantry Armies attack the British Infantry, while the 2nd Sarajevo Garrison in Skopje assaults the French Infantry. Both enemy units are weakened by the encounter.

Russia

2nd Lemburg Garrison moves north toward Kharkov and finds an empty city. The main units of the Army Group surround the Russian Garrison but do not attack.

Meanwhile, further west, the Russians react to the potential of being surrounded, and pull back from the East Prussian border, although I am surprised to find it is just a one hex withdrawal. I take the city of Brest-Litovsk.

Italy

I can do nothing here this turn.

France

Again, nothing to be done here, although I do turn my attention to the Antwerp and attack using 3rd Infantry Army and the two Garrisons that have been watching over the port since the previous summer.

Turkey

I hole up in Beirut and Damascus with the 4th and 2nd Armies respectively.

In the north, 3rd Army further reduce the Sarikamish Garrison and 5th Army heads north from Baku. For some reason he is showing as half supply??

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 53
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/26/2012 7:23:41 AM   
warspite1

...and the Russian Front

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 54
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/27/2012 6:29:50 PM   
warspite1

Turn 36 – 28th October 1915

Germany

At last the British Garrison is removed from German soil!

France

I have little choice but to shorten my lines again in France. I push back to a line Calais / Strassburg – albeit that the French have the hex northeast of Verdun.

Serbia

The British and French Infantry come in for further attacks and the former is forced to retreat.

Russia

The Russian Garrison northwest of Gomel got clear, thanks to some timely intervention by a Garrison arriving from Bryansk. I pursue a risky strategy and cross the River Dnepr to attack. I reduce the Garrison to a 4-strength, but there is at least one full strength Russian Garrison in the area…

The Russians continue the gradual pull back – one hex at a time from East Prussia/Poland. I take a risk and rail the Austrian 1st Cavalry Army to northeast of Gomel, where it may be able to assist putting Russian units out of supply.

Turkey

The slooooow reduction of Sarikamish continues (I could really do with the Turkish 3rd Infantry elsewhere!). 5th Army moves up the Caspian Sea toward Grozni.

Turn 37 – 11th November 1915

Russia

Army Group Ukraine continues darting all over southern Russia: 1st Danzig Garrison seizes Sevastopol, the Austrian 1st Krakow Garrison drives through Dnepropetrovsk heading for Rostov, and 2nd Lemburg Garrison sets out for Kursk. Here the Russians have a Garrison in place. Suddenly the Army Group’s position looks a little more uncomfortable. The wiseness of the decision to send 1st Cavalry Army to Gomel suddenly becomes apparent, and a double whammy from this unit and the Klausenberg Garrison remove one of three Russian Garrisons in the area. I attack the remaining two Garrisons with my two Infantry Armies and a Garrison.

For the third turn in a row the main Russian forces retreat one hex. I continue to follow, although suspect that they will have an artillery waiting at some point.. I attack west of Vilna but with no great damage to either side.

France

I launch a counter-attack against a French Infantry southeast of Calais, reducing it to a 3-strength. Otherwise there is little I can do except take a potshot at the Belgian unit in Antwerp.

Italy

I launch another attack after an Artillery barrage but barely touch the Italian defender.

Serbia

More assaults against the French and British..but they are not going quietly. I repeat…where are the Bulgarians????

Turkey

In the Caucasus Sarikamish finally falls to 3rd Infantry Army. I now send the 2nd and 7th (Erzurum) Garrisons north from Batumi and Tiflis toward Krasnodar and Stavropol respectively, while 5th Army continues for Grozni.

Near Jerusalem the Turkish Garrison on the coast is about to disappear.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/27/2012 9:16:04 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 55
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/27/2012 6:30:37 PM   
warspite1

...and two more screenies from Turn 37.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 56
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/27/2012 6:31:10 PM   
warspite1

...and finally

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 57
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/28/2012 4:56:15 PM   
warspite1

Turn 38 – 25th November 1915

Germany and Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria

Serbia

Bulgaria is in the war at last. I move the 1st and 2nd Infantry Armies towards Skopje. Meanwhile I reduce the French Infantry to 1-strength.

France

I have to consider pushing back further as I lose yet another Infantry. Not sure why this is happening, we are both using aircraft and artillery and two Infantry units; mine get wiped out but the Entente suffer strength point losses?

Italy

I have to hold fire again as I have no artillery shells.

Russia

1st Danzig Garrison is now knocking on the doors of the Kerch Peninsular. The Crimea is almost entirely German. 1st Krakow Garrison runs into a Russian Garrison in Rostov. Further north around Bryansk, things are well and truly spread out. One of the Russian Garrisons gets into the city, but I manage to reduce the second one to 1-strength.

In Belorussia the Russians make a stand behind the Neman.

The Bulgarians build an Infantry and a Garrison. 15th Army stupidly walks into a trap and crosses the river. Even more stupidly I try and fight my way out of the predicament and take a load of unnecessary losses.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The Bulgarian 3rd and 4th Infantry Armies will need to head for Beirut.

Turn 39 – 9th December 1915

Russia

The Russian cities continue to fall – how can they still have any build points? 1st Danzig takes Kerch, the Turkish 7th (Erzurum) Garrison takes Stavropol and Bryansk is completely surrounded.

Serbia

The French Infantry is destroyed and an Italian badly mauled. The Bulgarians are almost there.

Italy

I can do nothing in Italy after the Artillery attack failed to record a hit.

France

Things are now desperate. For the 3rd turn in a row I fail to destroy an Entente Infantry – and this last attack was with three units.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The Turkish positions in Syria are now critical and the British are about to take the Damascus-Beirut line….

Turn 40 – 24th December 1915

Germany and Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria

Serbia

The Bulgarian 1st Army destroys the British Infantry southeast of Tirana. 2nd Infantry is diverted south to Salonika where the Entente forces have apparently been embarking.

Russia

The Army Group Ukraine successfully reduces the Bryansk pocket and 3rd Lemburg Garrison heads east for Orel. Unfortunately there is a Garrison in the city. Seeing it is weak the Austrian unit attacks across water and is bloodily repulsed.

Further west, the Russians left wing falls back on Minsk. 5th Army and the 1st Debrecen Garrison attack the Garrison southwest of the city, reducing it to a 4-strength.

Italy

I take no action this turn.

France

I can take no action here either.

Turkey and Bulgaria

In the Caucasus the thinly spread Turkish forces continue on their way north. 7th (Erzurum) Garrison turns west for Krasnodar and 5th Army and 2nd (Erzurum) Garrison converge on Grozni.

In the south, things are pretty desperate for the Turks. I have purposely kept a Garrison in reserve and out of the way, hoping that the British cannot see it. This appears to be the case as I head west and re-take an unguarded Aqaba. Further south north of Tabuk, I try and surround the British Garrison that has been investing the town.

I guess now we shall see what troops the British have kept back in Egypt….

The Bulgarian 3rd Army is railed to Beirut.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 58
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/28/2012 4:57:11 PM   
warspite1

And four screeenies from Turn 40

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 59
RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) - 12/28/2012 4:57:59 PM   
warspite1

2 of 4

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI