Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 12/13/2012 10:32:11 PM   
xeno5k@yahoo.com

I have just installed the Campaign Series and it's working fine. However, the installation process seems to have caused all my Microsoft and Windows applications to adopt a khaki color scheme ... all my Xcel spread sheets, Word documents, message panes in Windows Live Mail and some parts of IE now all have a khaki background ... including the pane I'm typing this posting in.

Anyone else encounter this? Is there a fix?

Any help would be much appreciated. Everything is working but the color scheme is really depressing.
Post #: 1
RE: Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 12/14/2012 12:42:04 AM   
junk2drive

I used to see this on XP when the game crashed for whatever reason. For 7 you should be able to right click the desktop, select personalize, select any theme and see if that changes it. Then go back and change to the theme that you had before.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to xeno5k@yahoo.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 12/14/2012 3:47:46 AM   
xeno5k@yahoo.com

Ah! That did the trick. It's so obvious I should have thought of it myself. But, I thank you for the help.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 3/30/2013 2:38:55 PM   
TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I used to see this on XP when the game crashed for whatever reason. For 7 you should be able to right click the desktop, select personalize, select any theme and see if that changes it. Then go back and change to the theme that you had before.

Are there any other ways around this problem? I'm playing the game again after a long hiatus and I'd forgotten how persistent and annoying this is.

Thanks!

Tim

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 3/31/2013 12:21:53 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: xeno5k@yahoo.com

I have just installed the Campaign Series and it's working fine. However, the installation process seems to have caused all my Microsoft and Windows applications to adopt a khaki color scheme ... all my Xcel spread sheets, Word documents, message panes in Windows Live Mail and some parts of IE now all have a khaki background ... including the pane I'm typing this posting in.

Anyone else encounter this? Is there a fix?

Fixing this long-standing bug is one of many things on my to-do list.

Early MusiChicago, http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT, http://pikt.org
Campaign Series Lead Programmer, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=226
AGElint debugging toolkit, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333

(in reply to xeno5k@yahoo.com)
Post #: 5
RE: Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 - 3/31/2013 12:32:58 AM   
TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Fixing this long-standing bug is one of many things on my to-do list.

Thanks, berto!

Any chance of a hotfix?

Best,

Tim

< Message edited by TJD -- 3/31/2013 12:41:01 AM >

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Color Scheme Issues in Windows 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI