Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forum error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Forum error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forum error - 12/13/2012 7:51:48 PM   
morvael

Since yesterday the forum behaves badly at certain times when posting. Who can fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Forum error - 12/13/2012 8:16:05 PM   
TulliusDetritus

This guy can (or maybe not?)

So far he hasn't helped me a lot in my current game though (and he was enlisted the 22 june 1941)

Attachment (1)

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 2
RE: Forum error - 12/13/2012 8:57:19 PM   
morvael

No really, when you submit a post the page times out and even though the post is added, the thread stats are not updated (so for example the "last post by" info stays the same).

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 3
RE: Forum error - 12/13/2012 9:17:22 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

No really, when you submit a post the page times out and even though the post is added, the thread stats are not updated (so for example the "last post by" info stays the same).

I have seen the same, but in fact on the last weeks (not just since yesterday)

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: Forum error - 12/14/2012 11:30:32 PM   
Schmart

I haven't noticed this in the WitE forums, but I've seen some of this in some other (non-Matrix) forums around the internet lately. Could be an inherent forum software issue, rather than a website issue. Also (as on other sites) it could be related to various degrees of forum software hacking. Or it just means that your internet connection is having a bad hair day...

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 5
RE: Forum error - 12/15/2012 3:00:50 PM   
carlkay58

It could also be a software glitch as many servers are updating and so are the browsers. If you have IE10, there are some problems in the HTML code processing for older sites which could be causing the problem. I have not had any problems on any of my sites and I am currently with IE10, but I have heard of several problems from other people.

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 6
RE: Forum error - 12/15/2012 3:05:57 PM   
morvael

Internet and browser working perfectly. I have encountered problems such as these on a forum I ran, when there was corrupted database or server was overloaded (the script didn't finish execution and timed out, thus not updating the database completely - that's why the post is added, but thread statistics not updated).

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Forum error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI