Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 12/13/2012 2:34:15 PM   
freedom00333

I'm sure I read it somewhere before in the manual, but I can only find a Unit description there now. Short Question: How do you use them ? Thanks. I played custom easy twice to 'learn' the game, and it's only now on Easy level that I Have 281/290 Victory Points prior to the mud season(Turn 17 ?). I wondered why alot of my furthest east(Gorki) German units were at 1/4 strength for 4 turns. Checked the rail network map, and most of it is damaged-lol, and at key points, only the mouse cursor revealed Partisan units. Gonna have to start over(Great game). Definitely have to Garrison beyond just the Security Units. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 12/13/2012 3:24:56 PM   
Walloc

Clear the RR of enemy units. Move in the FDB unit. Press where the orange "box" un the unit detail window is and it repairs the RR. The hex becomes yellow as done with hex just before the one the FDB unit is currently in. By start of ur next turn it will turn green and been fully repaired.
Note here this is in baltic zone so the MP cost for repair is 1 MP, outside the baltic zone its 3 MP to repair a hex.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to freedom00333)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 12/13/2012 5:57:18 PM   
freedom00333

Thank-you Walloc- even more informative than the info I found again in the manual-ie. that 'yellow-box', which would have confused me.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 12/13/2012 7:39:57 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: freedom00333

...Definitely have to Garrison beyond just the Security Units. Thanks.

17.2.1. Axis Garrison Requirements
The minimum garrison requirement is combat units with at least 4000 men for city hexes, 8000 men for light urban hexes, and 12000 men for heavy urban hexes. The number of men in Security (SEC) combat units counts double when determining garrisons. For example, the German 285th Security Division, with 4842 men, would be counted as having 9684 men toward a city or urban hex’s garrison requirement. Combat units entrained or on naval transport do not count towards garrison requirements. Hotkey Shift-K will display color coded shading on all captured cities or urban hexes requiring a garrison where blue equals 100 percent or more, yellow equals 1 to 99 percent, and red equals no garrison present. With the city or urban hex selected, the name in the General Information and City box (5.1.5) will include the current percentage of any garrison requirement currently being met.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to freedom00333)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 7/23/2013 10:53:56 PM   
cfulbright

Walloc - just starting to play this game, so forgive my ignorance.

Follow-up to freedom00333's question: Can I repair more than one hex per turn with the same FBD?

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? - 7/24/2013 5:12:17 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Walloc - just starting to play this game, so forgive my ignorance.

Follow-up to freedom00333's question: Can I repair more than one hex per turn with the same FBD?

As long you got movement points left to repair a hex (1 MP for Baltic Zone RR/3 MP for others), yes.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How to use FBD(railrepair) Units ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI