Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/13/2012 4:09:52 AM   
crsutton

I see it shows up in the US Army pool but not the US Marine pools. Although the Marine tank uints are supposed to get the zippo when they upgrade around 1/45. Will they pull from the army pools or is this a problem?

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Post #: 1
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/13/2012 5:27:30 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

I see it shows up in the US Army pool but not the US Marine pools. Although the Marine tank uints are supposed to get the zippo when they upgrade around 1/45. Will they pull from the army pools or is this a problem?

should work just fine, unlike aircraft, the devices are available for all nations that got them in their units

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/13/2012 7:41:10 PM   
crsutton

Thanks CT. Just curious because other common devices (such as the M4 sherman) appear in both pools.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/15/2012 8:02:37 AM   
inqistor

Devices have only Allied/Japan/both set in editor, so this filtering is made probably by checking what is currently used in LCUs, or will be used in future LCUs.

If tank can be used by someone on one side, it can by used by everyone else. Although you would have to check what will happen if you give device from other side to LCU.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/15/2012 1:21:44 PM   
castor troy

quote:

Thanks CT. Just curious because other common devices (such as the M4 sherman) appear in both pools.

hmm, I don't know which pools you are speaking of. I might be missing something here.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/15/2012 4:44:11 PM   
Barb

I would check device ID - in tracker you can see which device upgrade to which one.
So if USMC is using AFV with ID 1 (Marine whatever) that upgrades to device ID 2 (Army Zippo), they will be able to upgrade. Same situation if they get TOE change with new device ID 2(Army Zippo). Nationality does not matter IMHO.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Post #: 6
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/17/2012 5:48:07 AM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

hmm, I don't know which pools you are speaking of. I might be missing something here.

Well, for example the Sherman V tank is used by both Indian Army tank brigades and some British Army tank regiments. So if you have 150 Sherman Vs then 150 Sherman V tanks will show up in your device list for either the Indian Army or the British Army no matter which one you pull up.

The M3 light tank, M4, M24 Chaffee all will likewise show up in the US Army pools and the US Marine pools as it is shared by both. But the zippo does not show up in the marine device pools. Only in the US Army, even though both armies seem to utilize the zippo.

< Message edited by crsutton -- 12/17/2012 5:50:28 AM >

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Post #: 7
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 3:54:44 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barb

I would check device ID - in tracker you can see which device upgrade to which one.
So if USMC is using AFV with ID 1 (Marine whatever) that upgrades to device ID 2 (Army Zippo), they will be able to upgrade. Same situation if they get TOE change with new device ID 2(Army Zippo). Nationality does not matter IMHO.

Nothing upgrades to/from the Zippo. IIRC correctly the only units that use them are a handful of US Army Flame Tank battalions that arrive in 1945 (which get 54 Zippos apiece) and the USMC tank battalions that get 9 Zippos each added to their TO&Es in 1945.

I set it up so that the Marines and the US Army draw all their tanks -- M2A4-M3-M5-M24 Light Tanks, M3 & M4 Medium, M-4 CS, M-4 Zippo and M-26 Heavy (Army only) from the same pools. There is only one device # for each model tank used by Army & Marines. (The Zippo is 1182 for both). So why the Zippo doesn't show up in the USMC pools is a mystery to me.

With an 'anti-soft' rating of 96 for each tank, a battalion of x54 M-4 Zippos can certainly help charbroil any Japanese infantry. Hmmm . . . toasty!

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 8
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 4:00:06 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

I see the first Army battalion arrives with Zippos in August of 1944. Production begins 12/44. The Marine Tank battalion TO&Es do not upgrade until 1/45.

Is it possible that the Zippos won't appear in the USMC pool until the USMC TO&Es have been upgraded (after 1/45) so that Zippos can be drawn from the pool?

< Message edited by Blackhorse -- 12/22/2012 4:02:24 AM >

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 9
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 7:15:17 AM   
inqistor

quote:

quote:

Previous beta added it. You can now filter Devices in Pools Screen. It allows for easier finding thngs you want to set to stockpile (also added in that patch)

Post #: 10
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 8:18:39 AM   
michaelm

As devices aren't normally defined by nationality, the code tries to detect which national units have the devices in them or in their TOE, ( or in the device's next upgrade path, I think).
It is not precise, but it does give you a feel for what national units are borrowing the pooled devices.

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 11
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 10:21:03 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

As devices aren't normally defined by nationality, the code tries to detect which national units have the devices in them or in their TOE, ( or in the device's next upgrade path, I think).
It is not precise, but it does give you a feel for what national units are borrowing the pooled devices.

Ah hah.

Since the M4 Zippo, device 1182, is not on any upgrade path, I think this means that the device should first show up as a US Army option in Aug-44, when the first Flame Tank Battalion arrives, with Zippos in the TO&E. The device should show up as a USMC option in Jan-45, but only once the USMC tank battalion TO&Es upgrade.

CR -- have you entered 1945 yet in your game? Can you confirm if the pools are WAD?

michaelm -- once again, you've added a nice feature. thanks

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 12
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/22/2012 8:11:08 PM   
crsutton

Jan 2 1945 so I will take a look, I have yet to upgrade a Marine tank unit to where they take zippos but will let you know if they show up in the Marine pool. I will look when I get my next turn back.

BTW, I used the 54 tank army unit in my recent invasion of Baldeboab. Nice unit to have.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 13
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/23/2012 4:21:09 PM   
crsutton

Yep, as of Jan 3, 1945 zippos are now showing up in the Marine pools as well as the Army. That clears it up.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 14
RE: M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? - 12/24/2012 2:05:50 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

quote:

quote:

Previous beta added it. You can now filter Devices in Pools Screen. It allows for easier finding thngs you want to set to stockpile (also added in that patch)

that explains it, am running the latest official patch

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> M4 zippo tank in the wrong pool? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI