Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How attach unit without disrupt origin order

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> How attach unit without disrupt origin order Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How attach unit without disrupt origin order - 12/12/2012 10:36:18 PM   
pekische

Is there any possibility how to attach any unit to existing order without need to order again? For example I send order "defend" to a group of units with exact parameters. Later I would like to add another unit to this group. Do I have to create new group (with new unit) and send the same order again and again set up the same perameters? Than I significantly disrupt existing processing of the order. Or does any simply way exist how to add new unit to order without disrupt it?

< Message edited by pekische -- 12/13/2012 9:37:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How attach unit without disupt original order - 12/12/2012 11:47:22 PM   
Arjuna

The only way you can avoid re-issuing orders is if the unit organically belongs to the subject of the task. If it does. Simply select the unit and then hit the "Reattach" button on the Orders tab of the sidebar.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 2
RE: How attach unit without disupt original order - 12/13/2012 9:43:11 AM   
pekische

Yes Arjuna, if the unit organically belongs to the subject of the task it is the simplest situation - "reattach" works. But if the unit organically DOESN´T belong to the subject of the task? Than do I have to use re-issuing order? Thx for answer....

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: How attach unit without disupt original order - 12/13/2012 12:26:40 PM   
Arjuna

Yes.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 4
RE: How attach unit without disupt original order - 12/13/2012 9:44:27 PM   
Lieste

While you can't become part of the order group until the next 'new' task is issued, the unit can still be useful acting 'loosely' in coordination if sent to the same general area, where support by mutual presence is possible.

This isn't as good for the command load or coordination/combat power assessment that HQs perform, but it is better than leaving the unit out of a developing attack or defence if it is really needed.

Avoid packing too much combat power into a small area though, as artillery will neutralise all units that are under the burst zone. A slightly more dispersed formation at least forces him to use more ammunition...

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: How attach unit without disrupt origin order - 12/15/2012 7:06:58 PM   
vandorenp

quote:

ORIGINAL: pekische
Do I have to create new group (with new unit) and send the same order again and again set up the same perameters? Than I significantly disrupt existing processing of the order. Or does any simply way exist how to add new unit to order without disrupt it?

Since the answer to this is "Yes" there should be a one touch button to accomplish all this. Goes to the issue of usability. Seems laborious. Process wise it makes sense (106 ID receives word that 7th AD is showing up in the AM. So different decisions for the morrow were made). However electronically the data is already in the system. User ought not to have to enter twice.

Keydet

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> How attach unit without disrupt origin order Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI