Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Air Power 1941-42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Russian Air Power 1941-42 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Air Power 1941-42 - 12/12/2012 4:33:13 PM   
cthulhu1928

I started a 1941 GC as the Axis against the AI. My campaign has been going well on the ground but the air has been another story. While my initial airfield strikes at the start of the 1941 campaign were successful, by the end of 1941 and into early 1942 (now June with the battle for Moscow raging) Soviet air power seems to be on par with my German forces. In the massive air battles that ensue, my forces often lose planes at a 1:1 rate with the Soviets. I'm concerned because this doesn't look sustainable and my fighter cover is being worn down at an alarming rate.

I played WIR 4-5 years ago quite extensively and I feel like I remember the Germans having a fairly significant edge on the Soviets until later in the war. When the Soviets hit my airfields with 200 fighters and 300 bombers, I can usually field ~200 interceptors but the soviets and I both end up losing 75-80 fighters per battle. This development seems odd to me. Is there something that I might be overlooking when it comes to these air battles? The same thing happens during ground attack missions too - very high losses.
Post #: 1
RE: Russian Air Power 1941-42 - 4/2/2013 5:55:34 PM   
agors

Did you upgrate to FW190 instead of old Me109E?

(in reply to cthulhu1928)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian Air Power 1941-42 - 6/6/2013 10:49:11 PM   
Balou

Switch your aircraft factories one at a time to FW190 as soon as possible and train your airgroups back home until they reach experience levels above 80. I don't remember anymore whether the distance of your frontline Air HQs is important but common sense suggests fighters should be as close as possible to both the frontline and your bomber airfields.

(in reply to cthulhu1928)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Russian Air Power 1941-42 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI