Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I can not open a load scenario!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> I can not open a load scenario! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can not open a load scenario! - 12/12/2012 10:28:11 AM   
sturmgeschutzeiii

Hi guys
I have the follow problem . I can not open a saved game from the load option in Main Menu screen. They saw me the message that I have uploaded
Thank in advance for your help
Apostolos

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sturmgeschutzeiii -- 12/12/2012 1:27:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I can not open a load scenario! - 12/12/2012 7:28:55 PM   
ericbabe

It seems to be a localization problem. I notice you have a Greek (?) font displayed at the bottom of your screenshot. For some reason the game is trying to display the lowercase Greek letter "pi" (that's from the Unicode number in the error message, 0x03C0) during the loading process. Obviously none of the game-strings use this character. It's faintly possibly that one of the dynamically generated strings might use this, but off the top of my head I can't think of any that would; all of those strings are just numerical strings, and I don't think lower case Pi is any sort of numerical suffix. The game may be reading your user name and using that as a default somewhere, so that could be an issue. Is there a lower-case Pi in your computer user name? Is there any chance that you entered a lower-case Pi in any of the forms for the game?

I will see if I can find a fix for this. I don't know how inconvenient it would be for you to try switching localization settings on your computer and to see whether that solves the problem or not, but that might help.

(in reply to sturmgeschutzeiii)
Post #: 2
RE: I can not open a load scenario! - 12/12/2012 9:44:15 PM   
sturmgeschutzeiii

Thank you very much for your response Ericbabe. Yes in real a have the Windows XP SP3 Greek, because am a Greek. Please help to resolve the problem, I am not so familiarized with Software and ending programs, if I must switch my localization settings, you must help me with step by step instructions. And again thank you for your help

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: I can not open a load scenario! - 12/13/2012 6:00:43 PM   
ericbabe

Here is the Microsoft page on Windows XP localization settings: www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_custom_workspace_regionalsettings.mspx?mfr=true

I will see what I might be able to do to try to trap this error, but I'm still not quite sure where it's happening. In the "NicePictureState" mentioned in the error code that comes up during the loading sequence, as far as I can tell there should only be game messages that use valid English Unicode strings; so far I can't see where any Greek would be sneaking in there. I'll see whether I can set up my development rig to run a localized Greek version of Windows, however I don't have an XP machine to test on, so if there's something that is XP-specific I may not be able to catch it this way.

If I can figure out a fix for this, unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to get it into the next official patch, as we're near finalizing that (hopefully), but perhaps we could include a fix in a follow-up beta patch.

(in reply to sturmgeschutzeiii)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> I can not open a load scenario! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI