Winows 8

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Zap

Winows 8

Post by Zap »

I purchased a new laptop with windows 8 installed. will there be any issues with Steelpanthers WAW working?
Zap

RE: Winows 8

Post by Zap »

Just to answer my own question. Downloaded The game And it seems to work ,so far without, problem. Graphics are good as well.
USS Wyoming

Post by USS Wyoming »

Really?? And did you have to apply the Windows 7 fix to correct the colors? Is someone telling me that Windows8 allows us to play SP without the "fix" needed for Windows 7...Tell me it it is true...
Zap

Post by Zap »

@USS Wyoming.

No, I did not have to download the fix.

system is:
Intel Pentium CPU B9802 (dual core)
64 bit x64 base processor.

The colors are good. Have not had the color discoloration problem show up as it did with my laptop with vista on it.
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

Wow that's good news. Might even decide to upgrade.
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

No kidding?

WOW is right. Hope for the future beyond XP for me!!!

Yay!
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

This is great news, as I have to buy a new PC soon. My old XP machine died back in October, and I've been unable to play SPWAW for nearly two months.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Aha Gunny (KG), now I know why all that wailing was coming from West By gawd Virginia !!! [:D]
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

Two months... I don't think I could live through that.
The withdrawl would kill me after a few weeks.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
Zap

Post by Zap »

The only issue I'm having is "still' not enough memory to run this game so it won't crash in large scenarios. I thought to myself"4mb of ram should do it.' but alas, no, This laptop probably needs a larger memory graphic card. Though I should say I can play longer in the large scenarios than with my previous laptop. So some improvement over the other is evident.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

ZAP: you must have a lot of stuff running in the background to use up all that RAM. I have an XP with 2 GB RAM, 4 versions of SPwaw, run one at a time, and one version of Panzer Corps and I've never used all my RAM. I use all the game and user supplied scenarios and some campaigns.
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Just for giggles I installed 7.0 that came with the Watchtower Mega and the Mega. Doesn't look too bad on my widescreen. Only a couple of things had strange pixelated colors.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Zap

Post by Zap »

It must be Mc Affe software then.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Just an update on the windows 8. everything was working well until I did a windows update. Now when I enter a battle after a couple platoons fire I get a mech.exe error. Game freezes and I have to shut it down. Anyone have any ideas as to what I might have to do?
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Just an update on the windows 8. everything was working well until I did a windows update. Now when I enter a battle after a couple platoons fire I get a mech.exe error. Game freezes and I have to shut it down. Anyone have any ideas as to what I might have to do?

Bump.

Another possibility for the glich with updates affecting spwaw. I was unaware of this until another user of win 8 mentioned that updating graphics card drivers or an updated driver for the intel chip.

The intel chip driver update is what I did. I think this may have affect Spwaw.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”