Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

strategic losses?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> strategic losses? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
strategic losses? - 12/11/2012 9:59:58 PM   
jmalter

hope you'll forgive my ignorance, but i can't access the pdf Manual on my laptop, & google-search of this forum didn't help.

what are "strategic losses", how are they accrued, how do they influence the game?

my current intel screen shows that IJ has 36 points of them (30 Dec 43, DBB_B game vs. IJ AI).
Post #: 1
RE: strategic losses? - 12/11/2012 10:57:44 PM   
Quixote

I believe that's from strategic bombing of industry. Here's the section from the manual.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2
RE: strategic losses? - 12/12/2012 4:15:27 AM   
jmalter

thanks, Quixote - it's good of you to post the relevant info to answer my question.

i've been bombing airfields & ports in Hokkaido w/ B-24s for about a month now. doubtless, bombs have strayed onto the city target & caused the industry damage.

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 3
RE: strategic losses? - 12/12/2012 10:15:02 PM   
Icedawg

I have a related question.

I've gotten the strategic VP message for ungarrisoned bases several times, but have noticed that no strategic victory points are showing up in the VP summary screen. Is this a bug, or am I missing some element here?

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
RE: strategic losses? - 12/12/2012 10:46:26 PM   
JSG

There's a 1 point penalty when guerrillas attack a base with inadequate garrison assault value strength.

36 points would be a surprisingly small amount of such points in 1943, though. The AI tends to get multiple such points per day in my match against it.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 5
RE: strategic losses? - 12/12/2012 10:55:23 PM   
Icedawg

That's what I'm getting at. I've had low garrisons dozens of times now, but my opponent is not getting any VPs for it. (Or it doesn't look like his is in the VP summary window.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JSG)
Post #: 6
RE: strategic losses? - 12/12/2012 11:23:32 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I've gotten the strategic VP message for ungarrisoned bases several times, but have noticed that no strategic victory points are showing up in the VP summary screen. Is this a bug, or am I missing some element here?

So far as I know strategic VPs are only awarded for City attacks which meet the reqs. of the manual quote up-thread. Ungarrisoned VPs are "regular" VPs. To tell the truth I've never looked to see where they accrue. Bases controlled lines would be my guess, but I've never studied it.

The Moose

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 7
RE: strategic losses? - 12/13/2012 12:24:50 AM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

So far as I know strategic VPs are only awarded for City attacks which meet the reqs. of the manual quote up-thread. Ungarrisoned VPs are "regular" VPs. To tell the truth I've never looked to see where they accrue. Bases controlled lines would be my guess, but I've never studied it.

Thanks. That would explain it.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
RE: strategic losses? - 12/13/2012 1:22:56 PM   
traskott

Japan get no VP for strategic attack on India ? Damm... xDDD 2 weeks of night bombings spent.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 9
RE: strategic losses? - 12/13/2012 4:58:18 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

Japan get no VP for strategic attack on India ? Damm... xDDD 2 weeks of night bombings spent.

Nope.

See the AAR in the Canoerebel/PH game, PH side.

The Moose

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> strategic losses? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI