Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ATG Random Game OPORD Template

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> ATG Random Game OPORD Template Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATG Random Game OPORD Template - 12/11/2012 8:44:38 PM   
Webizen

As ATG and its loyal core of players has matured, I thought a template for organizing random games might be a good idea. While this template is best suited for multi-player random games, parts of it are useful even for single player games against the AI. If nothing else, use it as a checklist of things to think about.

Of all the things listed, a critical map analysis is key. If this analysis is faulty, you and/or your team likely will be at a disadvantage. Second, if playing with four or more players, close coordination is required. If your team of players is basically operating independent of one another with their own agendas, your team will be at a disadvantage against a team that is closely coordinated.

Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions.

Concentrate force! Dilution is defeat...
Act purposely! No purpose equals missed opportunities...
Remain flexible! War is fluid with ebbs and flows...

1. COMMAND AND CONTROL
A. Commander in Chief (CIC):_________
B. Sub Commander: ___________________
C. Sub Commander: ___________________
D. Sub Commander: ___________________

2. SITUATION
A. Game parameters description
B. House Rules
C. Map Analysis (capital/city locations, resource locations, rail net, and terrain)
D. Critical Vulnerabilities Assessment (friend and foe)

3. CIC’S INTENT (who, what, where, when)
A. Center of Gravity (schwerpunkt - main attack vector)
B. Exploitation Plan
C. Defensive Plan
D. Report, Reassess, Revise

4. FORCE COMPOSITION
A. Number of HQs (with or w/o officers)
B. Infantry (MGs, Mortars, Bazookas) and Cavalry
C. Armor (armored cars, tank types, half-tracks)
D. Guns (AT, Artillery, Infantry, Flak)
E. Air and Naval Assets

5. EXECUTION
A. Maneuver tasks
B. Recon tasks
C. Engineer tasks
D. Air Force tasks
E. Air defense tasks
F. Naval tasks

6. PRODUCTION AND RESEARCH
A. Production Priorities
B. Research Priorities

< Message edited by Webizen -- 2/19/2013 4:37:30 PM >

Tac2i
Post #: 1
RE: ATG Random Game OPORD Template - 12/12/2012 2:38:20 AM   
Meanfcker

Hi Web.
I am playing around with the new officer thingy and I will start our game tomorrow, but when I find time, I might come up with some thoughts if you wish (I don't wish to be smothering). You have touched upon many of the absolute essentials here already. It is hard to describe to someone who hasn't seen it all come together though. It is like trying to describe fog to someone who has never seen. It seems simple but you know you are not saying it correctly.
I will work on something pertaininig to "Staging For Battle" on a tactical level, as that is a particularly weak area for many players. In our 3v3 game right now, I am at 27 tank kills and 2 tank losses and it all comes down to staging. Allen never leave his tanks where I can reach them... anymore :-)
Anyway, I only have a little bit of time so back to the new beta release, got to see what the officer thing does.
Meanie.

www.meanfcker.com

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 2
RE: ATG Random Game OPORD Template - 12/12/2012 12:39:23 PM   
Webizen

@Meanie: My template is, currently, just a high level starting point. Thanks for your feedback. It is at the tactical level where the rubber meets the road. I'm certain in our upcoming game I'll learn a lot about the finer details and will then update the template.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 12/12/2012 12:41:35 PM >

Tac2i

(in reply to Meanfcker)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> ATG Random Game OPORD Template Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI