Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

? on the '5' Hotkey

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ? on the '5' Hotkey Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
? on the '5' Hotkey - 12/11/2012 2:15:33 PM   
Crackaces

I have noted in this forum that Micheal decided not to include the numbers for PBEM and only diamonds for the '5' hotkey or supply trace. May I ask what was the thinking behind this? Is there some sort of unfair advantage in knowing how the game and in particular supply is effected by events?

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog
Post #: 1
RE: ? on the '5' Hotkey - 12/11/2012 2:29:35 PM   
USS America

To summarize vaguely, Crackaces, with only the diamonds displayed, you don't know for sure why a supply path might end. It could be the cumulative effects of the terrain or it could be from an unspotted enemy force. With numbers, if you see 95, 90, 85, 0 in 4 hexes of a path, you can likely determine there be bad guys.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 2
RE: ? on the '5' Hotkey - 12/11/2012 3:06:56 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

To summarize vaguely, Crackaces, with only the diamonds displayed, you don't know for sure why a supply path might end. It could be the cumulative effects of the terrain or it could be from an unspotted enemy force. With numbers, if you see 95, 90, 85, 0 in 4 hexes of a path, you can likely determine there be bad guys.

Ok .... Thanks for the heads up. I can understand the logic.

My problem is that the diamonds are tracing quite well but no supply is flowing after an IJ attack and defeat. I am thinking that after the attack from Singapore to Johore Bahru went from an endpoint receiving supply [not much but some] to somehow being changed. No supply whatsoever is flowing for 2 weeks. But I cannot tell what the algorithum is doing so I cannot tell if it works as designed or this situation has caused a problem....Diamonds are connected back to Bangkok ...

Ok I can live with this ....my opponent if lurking will know now I am out of supply

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 3
RE: ? on the '5' Hotkey - 12/11/2012 3:32:44 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

I have noted in this forum that Micheal decided not to include the numbers for PBEM and only diamonds for the '5' hotkey or supply trace. May I ask what was the thinking behind this? Is there some sort of unfair advantage in knowing how the game and in particular supply is effected by events?

Read this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3124843&mpage=1&key=supply%2Cpath�

In particular my post #23 and the linked thread contained therein which points to michaelm's post #624.

Alfred

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 4
RE: ? on the '5' Hotkey - 12/11/2012 4:57:04 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Read this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3124843&mpage=1&key=supply%2Cpath?

In particular my post #23 and the linked thread contained therein which points to michaelm's post #624.

Alfred

Thanks as always! It explains two things .. but not yet the third which is a sudden change in supply from adequite to none that has lasted two weeks. But the first post in the thread was the most informative .. supply in this game is pure &*(^%$$$ magic

I am evacuating out units to lessen supply load in teh area and placing a minimum number of units in defense to put a damper on a sortie out of Singer's. I was hoping beyond hope to take Singapore overland and end this game in an autovictory .. but I have to find yet another path ....

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ? on the '5' Hotkey Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI