2 questions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JSG

2 questions

Post by JSG »

How can I get this turret repaired?
Even shipyard repair shipyard at Colombo should really be large enough) doesn't work.
I tried it with having this ship alone in the shipyard, got shipyard repair selected and still it didn't repair.

How can I rebuild this corps? Same HQ, same location, same original corps, same op mode, no pack time - still the rebuild link/button remains grey at all times.
crsutton

RE: 2 questions

Post by crsutton »

1. Cape Town.

2. You have to be absolutely sure that all three units have the same devices. You may have upgraded to 57 mm from 37mm AT with one of the regiments. If all three do not have the same type of weapon then they will not recombine. Chinese devices are painfully slow to come on board so you might have to wait. Make sure you locate the device in the pool and stockpile it until you have enough to upgrade. Then turn off upgrades and replacements for "every" other Chinese infantry unit just to be sure. Pain in the butt sometimes.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
JSG

Post by JSG »

Pain in the butt sometimes.

I suppose it's a better idea to use them as garrisons in this case. They're quite depleted anyway.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: JSG

I suppose it's a better idea to use them as garrisons in this case. They're quite depleted anyway.

The "**" sign (two asterisks together) tells you that this device is different than the same device slot in another subordinate unit, and that fact will prevent the subordinate units from rebuilding into the parent unit.

You will also see these two symbols used

The "+" sign (plus sign) tells you that replacements are available for that squad/device.

The "=" sign (equals sign) tells you that a squad/device can upgrade because there are enough of the newer squad/device in the pool.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

The "**" sign (two asterisks together) tells you that this device is different than the same device slot in another subordinate unit, and that fact will prevent the subordinate units from rebuilding into the parent unit.

The "+" sign (plus sign) tells you that replacements are available for that squad/device.

The "=" sign (equals sign) tells you that a squad/device can upgrade because there are enough of the newer squad/device in the pool.
...but not if he's using an older version.

What version are you using?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

JSG,

For future reference, read the ship repair guide 101

tm.asp?m=2990845

sections 7-8, and Tables A and B deal with weapon repairs.

Alfred
JSG

Post by JSG »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: Chris H

...but not if he's using an older version.

What version are you using?

Dunn, but I saw these mysterious signs next to guns etc.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”